Reboots, screen freezes and phone turns itself off

zambrij

Reaction score
Occasionally my Droid will reboot itself for no apparent reason, even when I am not using it. It has also shut down on its own and I have to pull the battery to get it to comeback on...this has happened twice while on the charger. And the screen has frozen twice while surfing the internet; had to pull the battery then too to get it to start again.

I have already done a factory reset and am still having these issues. It is not all the time, but enough to be annoying. I have read about other people with the same issues...is this typical of this phone?

I do not want to go through the hassle of exchanging it if the next phone will be the same way...I got it through Amazon wireless so I'll have to mail it back and wait for a new one, hoping it does not have the same issues.

Any help is appreciated...thanks :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Occasionally my Droid will reboot itself for no apparent reason, even when I am not using it. It has also shut down on its own and I have to pull the battery to get it to comeback on...this has happened twice while on the charger. And the screen has frozen twice while surfing the internet; had to pull the battery then too to get it to start again.

I have already done a factory reset and am still having these issues. It is not all the time, but enough to be annoying. I have read about other people with the same issues...is this typical of this phone?

I do not want to go through the hassle of exchanging it if the next phone will be the same way...I got it through Amazon wireless so I'll have to mail it back and wait for a new one, hoping it does not have the same issues.

Any help is appreciated...thanks :)

No, it's not typical of the Droid at all. Battery pulls are very rarely required.

When you did the factory reset did you do a hard factory reset or just the one that's on your phone?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
zambrij you may need to send it back to amazon. contact them about an RMA, where you get the replacement first, then you send the old one back... they just hold your credit card hostage until they receive back the old phone...

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
also, are you rooted with a custom rom (probably not)?
are you running a home replacement app?

OP
Z

zambrij

Reaction score
I did the regular phone reset...it is not rooted...not sure what home app is so must not be using it...thanks!

OP
Z

zambrij

Reaction score
Oops...I am using Open Home....sorry I am new at this: 0)