Phone shuts itself off....

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
My batter is charged, and starting this morning, it just shuts itself off, and i cant turn it on unless i pull the battery out, and then press and hold the power button, im rooted 2.1 stock rom. help?

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
anyone? it has done it 3 times so far today and i really dont know why i have not added anything to the phone, besides updating apps...

manny

Reaction score
If you're overclocking it might be your phone protecting itself. Turn it down some. Temp of the processor and battery are probably the culprits

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea, tho the thing is i have not changed any settings or rom, or overclocking profiles for over a week, and this just started this morning...thats why im so weirded out by it, but i will try to lower my OC settings see if that helps...

Darkseider

Reaction score
I had this problem and it was attributed to clocking TOO low on a cooked kernel. Change your lowest setting to 400Mhz instead of 125 or 250. If that doesn't help and you are running a LV kernel bump the kernel up to standard voltage and see what happens.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
hmm ill try that as well, it possibly could just long term effects of the kernal, i forget if im using a low, medium, or high voltage kernal though-whoops, but if it continues ill change it to a medium or higher voltage one, thanks