Screen is turning ON by itself.

CRJ700

Reaction score
My wife and I both have droids. We both have all the same apps installed. We both dock our phones in cradles at night and turn the screen off.
For quite some time now her's will spontaneously turn on during the night and give us an unwelcome spotlight in our room.
It happened twice last night. I haven't had this problem with mine.
Anybody seen this issue, or have any suggestions???

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Might not be the issue, but on her phone, from the homescreen...
Press menu
Press settings
Press applications
Press development
Make sure "stay awake" is NOT checked.

OP
C

CRJ700

Reaction score
No luck. That's off, but its still doing it.

Last edited:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was afraid of that...haha!

What cradles are you docking them in at night? Has her phone been doing this the while time you've had these cradles?

Slider46

Reaction score
Do you have any auto-task killers or anything set to automatically...notify you of something? I had Advanced Task Manager and it would notify you when it killed something automatically if you didn't turn the auto-kill notification off.

OP
C

CRJ700

Reaction score
I was afraid of that...haha!

What cradles are you docking them in at night? Has her phone been doing this the while time you've had these cradles?

We are using the Seidio cradles, but it happened with the stock cradle as well.

Last edited:
OP
C

CRJ700

Reaction score
Do you have any auto-task killers or anything set to automatically...notify you of something? I had Advanced Task Manager and it would notify you when it killed something automatically if you didn't turn the auto-kill notification off.

Yes, advanced task manager is installed. But I don't see the auto-kill notification option you mentioned.

Other than that the only things that pop up in the notification bar is standard stuff like emails, text messages, gtalk, facebook, calendar notifications, etc.

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you're using something like Handcent or SMSPopup, it'll disrupt the sleep functionality on the cradles.

peterjariel

Reaction score
This just started happening to me too but I don't use a cradle but I leave it charging overnite and I think this started when I got the autokiller but I might be wrong I can't think of anything else I downloaded.

OP
C

CRJ700

Reaction score
This just started happening to me too but I don't use a cradle but I leave it charging overnite and I think this started when I got the autokiller but I might be wrong I can't think of anything else I downloaded.

Ok, so it's not my imagination.....we can rule that out.:)

jmackxiii

Reaction score
No i noticed the same thing a few nights ago... left it in the cradle and turned the screen off and i would wake up to it being on a few times at night. But its not every night. Last night i turned it off and woke up to it off..... very strange...

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it possible your Wifi or 3g signal is dropping and and reestablishing itself before you wake up? Are any Bluetooth devices trying to connect? Any of these *could* cause the phone to drop out of sleep.