reactivate after tether

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sup guys, I kinda am just wondering if any of you are experiencing a reactivation after you use the Wifi tether for root users. So are you? I am asking because I am paranoid sometimes, and it seems pretty bizarre that it happens after every time time i use it. Maybe a way for VZ to track tether users? It would kinda suck if that was the case because im not even using the verizon provided data when tethering....only data off wifi. (so i can get a stable connection and use the wifi mouse)

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Nope. Never had a reactivation after tethering, ever. Even after I restart after a tether everything seems normal.

OP
ilikemoneygreen

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope. Never had a reactivation after tethering, ever. Even after I restart after a tether everything seems normal.
Well thats a relief. Is your bootloader unlocked? i haven actually unlocked my bootloader yet. Maybe the standard kernel is acting funny with that application.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well thats a relief. Is your bootloader unlocked? i haven actually unlocked my bootloader yet. Maybe the standard kernel is acting funny with that application.
Yup. Been unlocked and rooted since day 3 after release