Gingerbread and Wifi Tether

nobertm

Reaction score
Do you still happen to have the TBH patch for 3G hotspot for DX? If so could you please email it to marknobert at marknobert dot com? Thanks.

jwats1973

Reaction score
Turn on stock hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Open phone info. Toggle radio off then on.
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.

This works on my GB rooted DX2. No paywall from big red.

Dolfns99

Reaction score
Looking for the tbh hack-patch for d2g running gb

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score
Turn on stock hotspot.
Dialpad. *#*#INFO#*#*
Open phone info. Toggle radio off then on.
Bam! Hotspot active.
No need for root or 3rd party apps. Uses real 3G connection not a slower dialup type connection.

This works on my GB rooted DX2. No paywall from big red.
anyone try this on the D2?

opnsrcaddict

Reaction score
That procedure did not work for me on my D2 running Apex 2.0RC3. I connected alright, but I hit the paywall. I believe I had the TBH patch installed.

OP
J

joshua05

Reaction score
How can you do this? I didn't know you can revert from 2.3.4 to 2.2. Help on this would be greatly appreciated!

If you have to do it, find a froyo SBF with that version, then SBF back to it. I would give you links, but most are dead now.

At this point, that phone is so old that it would be much easier to get a new phone phone, then follow forum threads on it. I bought a droid razr max and the rooted wifi tether is like having broadband... its so much faster than the D2 3g hotspot. The rooting guides are also up to date, with lots of support.

AcridGosling

Reaction score
I use pdanet. When you open it and select wifi, it has you download foxfi. The combination of the 2 allowed a friends phone to connect as wifi, and download an app through the connection.

He is on at&t and the app download was restricted due to size limitations on his network. It required widow before downloading and had no issues.

I have not tested on laptop yet though.

Will do when I think of it.

Sent from my DROID2 OTA updated .621, non-rooted 2.3.4 :( R.I.P. root access