Razr Maxx lag - getting unbearable!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by brunla, Aug 19, 2013.

1. skipbl92

skipbl92 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    So I wanted to give an update. Yesterday (8/28/13) at 3:30pm Eastern I was at 60% discharging and at 2d 0h 22m 11s on battery. It is now (8/29/13) 1:05pm it shows 40% discharging at 2d 17h 42m 35s on battery. For some reason the phone did not record around 4 hours of time. So I should be closer to 2days and 21-22 hours.

Remember this is resetting the phone to stock and with less than moderate use.

2. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    If manufacturers weren't always hellbent about having the "thinnest phone available", we might actually have phones with decent battery life. I'm glad Motorola offers the RAZR in two different varieties, one with a similar battery to other phones, but thinner, and one that has a battery that actually lasts like a Smartphone is suppose to last. I wish there were other phones out there which compared to the MAXX's long-lasting battery. I'm actually on the edge of my seat, waiting to see how the Galaxy Note III fares up. No SD Card on the new MAXX is beginning to turn me off to getting another Motorola phone.

I've also had problems with my phone lagging. I did an FDR, changed launchers, and it was worse. Did another FDR, went back to my original launcher and now it's working pretty good. It doesn't last as long as it did before, but I haven't set up all of my SmartActions like I had, before. Those might've been slowing it down, but did wonders for my battery. I started with the Go Launcher EX, tried Apex and also tried Nova. I like the features on GO the best.

In terms of Facebook, isn't there a way you can change the update frequency? I would think this would have an effect on your battery. I can easily get through a day without charging, and I charge my phone at night, so this isn't an issue for me. I wonder if there's a way for you to set it so if will only update when you slide the screen down. If so, that might help, too.

3. TheWitness

TheWitness New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Dump the blur and goto CyanogenMod 10.1.2. Its smooth and clean. It'll take some research. Then, lastly, if you subscribe to update notifications, that will kill you battery. JellyBean is a battery killer on the RAZR too.

4. astricitaovalles

astricitaovalles New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lag fix

I had this exact same issue and I wanted to take a sledgehammer to the phone. Clearing cache or restarting phone didn't work. I installed Nova Launcher and lo and behold! no more lag AT ALL. I also deleted a bunch of apps prior to this, but the lag was still bad, I still have a bunch of apps on and the phone runs as quickly as when I first bought it. Good luck!

5. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I wonder if sharing Tasker profiles with other RAZR MAXX users would help us all out. I'd like to start getting more familiar with Tasker, myself. I'd like to be able to do the following with tasker:

• Know when I'm plugged into the HD Station. Exit everything else and go into Webtop mode. Automatic exit of webtop mode on disconnect.
    • Know when I'm connected via Bluetooth to a particular device, then launch Car Home Ultra and Pandora. Exit everything else, first. Automatic exit of everything when disconnected.
    • Short press power button to turn screen off: Disable 4g data. Exit everything else.
    • Short press power button to turn screen on: Enable 4g data. Exit everything else.
    • Know when connected to wall charger. Exit everything. Change power mode to never sleep so updates can occur without interruption.
    • Know when disconnected from wall charger. Exit everything. Change power mode back to normal use

With CM 10.2, docking is not recognized, so that is a problem. However, in my case with a car dock, I just plug my device into the dock, and stream audio with bluetooth. Being aware of which bluetooth device I'm connected to would be a work around in that particular sense, but I don't think it'd work with the HD Station, because I don't think I can make use of another trigger, as I can with my vehicle dock.

6. JOSHSKORN

JOSHSKORN Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Try AutoKill Memory Optimizer. I got it two days ago and put it on Ultimate. I'm so far loving it. It still however takes forever for the list of all of my apps to load.

7. chiefcash

chiefcash New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I 2nd Nova. Has made my phone bearable again. Thanks

8. paulhusker

paulhusker Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Since some have determined Facebook can force our Maxx to lag quite a bit and removed/disabled it, what alternative Facebook app have you found to work best? I disabled the main Facebook app and seem to notice my Maxx operating w/ little lag & the battery lasting longer. Facebook Fastest is the latest alternative I've been using. Seems to be a mobile webpaged version of it and functions pretty close to the main F-book app. Thanks for any info on better alternatives!

9. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    CM 11 is getting better with each nightly. I find no problems with the last 3. Lag is gone.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

10. TheWitness

TheWitness New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Agreeing 100%. I was on 10.2 12/05 nightly, and took the plunge today. So far so good. Lags been gone for a while (since 10.2).

11. 2razrmaxx

2razrmaxx Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I like cm 11 as well... But... I'm on the unofficial release... I tried to flash the official one but it failed... You guys have any insight on this?

I wiped everything and created new slot... Did not help????

12. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Are you using SS 3.65?
    There are problems with other recoveries I hear.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Search tags for this page
droid razr lag
droid razr lag fix

droid razr lagging

droid razr laggy

droid razr maxx lag

droid razr maxx lag fix
droid razr maxx lagging
droid razr maxx laggy
razr maxx lag
razr maxx lagging