Razr Maxx lag - getting unbearable!

astricitaovalles

Reaction score
lag fix

I had this exact same issue and I wanted to take a sledgehammer to the phone. Clearing cache or restarting phone didn't work. I installed Nova Launcher and lo and behold! no more lag AT ALL. I also deleted a bunch of apps prior to this, but the lag was still bad, I still have a bunch of apps on and the phone runs as quickly as when I first bought it. Good luck!

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I wonder if sharing Tasker profiles with other RAZR MAXX users would help us all out. I'd like to start getting more familiar with Tasker, myself. I'd like to be able to do the following with tasker:

• Know when I'm plugged into the HD Station. Exit everything else and go into Webtop mode. Automatic exit of webtop mode on disconnect.
  • Know when I'm connected via Bluetooth to a particular device, then launch Car Home Ultra and Pandora. Exit everything else, first. Automatic exit of everything when disconnected.
  • Short press power button to turn screen off: Disable 4g data. Exit everything else.
  • Short press power button to turn screen on: Enable 4g data. Exit everything else.
  • Know when connected to wall charger. Exit everything. Change power mode to never sleep so updates can occur without interruption.
  • Know when disconnected from wall charger. Exit everything. Change power mode back to normal use

With CM 10.2, docking is not recognized, so that is a problem. However, in my case with a car dock, I just plug my device into the dock, and stream audio with bluetooth. Being aware of which bluetooth device I'm connected to would be a work around in that particular sense, but I don't think it'd work with the HD Station, because I don't think I can make use of another trigger, as I can with my vehicle dock.

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Try AutoKill Memory Optimizer. I got it two days ago and put it on Ultimate. I'm so far loving it. It still however takes forever for the list of all of my apps to load.

paulhusker

Reaction score
Since some have determined Facebook can force our Maxx to lag quite a bit and removed/disabled it, what alternative Facebook app have you found to work best? I disabled the main Facebook app and seem to notice my Maxx operating w/ little lag & the battery lasting longer. Facebook Fastest is the latest alternative I've been using. Seems to be a mobile webpaged version of it and functions pretty close to the main F-book app. Thanks for any info on better alternatives!

moset

Reaction score
CM 11 is getting better with each nightly. I find no problems with the last 3. Lag is gone.

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

TheWitness

Reaction score
CM 11 is getting better with each nightly. I find no problems with the last 3. Lag is gone.

Agreeing 100%. I was on 10.2 12/05 nightly, and took the plunge today. So far so good. Lags been gone for a while (since 10.2).

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I like cm 11 as well... But... I'm on the unofficial release... I tried to flash the official one but it failed... You guys have any insight on this?

I wiped everything and created new slot... Did not help????

moset

Reaction score
I like cm 11 as well... But... I'm on the unofficial release... I tried to flash the official one but it failed... You guys have any insight on this?

I wiped everything and created new slot... Did not help????

Are you using SS 3.65?
There are problems with other recoveries I hear.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
I think I'm using 3.11...can't check right now... Ha

I'll try it and let ya know.

Thanks for the info

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Agreeing 100%. I was on 10.2 12/05 nightly, and took the plunge today. So far so good. Lags been gone for a while (since 10.2).

I was looking at Cyanogen on Wikipedia, and it mentioned that version 11 is Kitkat 4.4.x buy after upgrading to the latest nightly (when I saw your post), it said 4.3.1. what's yours? I'm on my stock ROM right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Taptalk 4

moset

Reaction score
y8utaper.jpg

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
Weird, ok, I'll double-check mine when I get around to it. One reason I stopped using Cyanogenmod just moments after looking at it, was the lack of Docking abilities. Even though this is meant for Android 4.2 (which I think is CM 10.1), I wonder if it might work.

2razrmaxx

Reaction score
Okay I downloaded the 3.65 apk but for some reason I cannot get it to replace the 3.11. Any suggestions?

GotnFX

Reaction score
Okay I downloaded the 3.65 apk but for some reason I cannot get it to replace the 3.11. Any suggestions?

If you are trying to install over 3.11, I don't think you can. You have to be on Stock ROM...open the app drawer and go into SS 3.11 and uninstall. Then install new version.

Check this video out...it is going from 3.05 to 3.11, but still same concept..

[video=youtube;9_YD_QBy7Zg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_YD_QBy7Zg[/video]