Razr Maxx are not available in store, Order Only

OP
Section_10

Section_10

Reaction score
Yeah, but if you're already IN the store, what's the point? I'm hoping the real story is, they just can't keep up with the demand. Or, they don't want to send a bunch of them to a store that isn't selling zillions of them, and ending up with shortages in one area, and a stockpile in another. You know, no Maxx's in Gabbs, NV, while Reno is short. Ha!! ;)

Thats the mystery here, they're no longer SOLD OUT. Theres plenty available, just not shipping to store, thats why I inquired. Any other high demand phone they'd be shipping them to stores as fast as possible in large quantities not one at a time which is greater shipping costs to them. They're not doing that though, I think they are deterring people from actually purchasing, they know when people walk into the store they want one then.

It seems, for reasons still unknown, they don't want as many people to purchase the readily available units at the warehouses. Could it be the issues ? To me it could be, even though battery life on some of the units are bad, they're just as bad as they many 4g units out there, its just that this is a 3300mah where you wouldn't expect it as much.

cbreze

Reaction score
I'm in a fairly small town and the one Verizon store was out but the next town down the road, even smaller town had four at their one and only store. This was in the first week of release tho, pre BOGO. I hadn't been in a store for awhile and was pretty amazed at all the iphone stuff, took up like half the place. The Maxx is worth the wait tho, no matter what it takes to get one.:biggrin:

unAWARE

Reaction score
With the varying battery life issues others have posted on here in another thread, maybe they are testing them before they send them to avoid it becoming an issue anymore. I know its a stretch since we're talking Verizon here, but it is possible.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums