Razr max or S3

menudo18

Reaction score
I have looked and cant find this thread. I am due for an upgrade but cant decide which one to get. I am still in a unlimited plan. Thanks for the help.

kparks

Reaction score
menudo18 said:
I have looked and cant find this thread. I am due for an upgrade but cant decide which one to get. I am still in a unlimited plan. Thanks for the help.

Pre order the s3 way better processor and screen. Has nfc.. Will most likely have a way better camera also and its cheaper at 199 vs 299! I would suggest the 16gb model.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Maxx all the way!!!

Available now!!!
Moto hardware and reception can't be beat. Period
Plenty fast enough
Screen looks great
Unsurpassed battery life
ICS coming very soon
Did I say unsurpassed battery life???

Another option to lock in your unlimited would be to by the SIII now and use it until the RAZR HD drops. Sell the SIII and pick up the RHD.

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Maxx all the way!!!

Available now!!!
Moto hardware and reception can't be beat. Period
Plenty fast enough
Screen looks great
Unsurpassed battery life
ICS coming very soon
Did I say unsurpassed battery life???

Another option to lock in your unlimited would be to by the SIII now and use it until the RAZR HD drops. Sell the SIII and pick up the RHD.

Sorry but the screen looks like crap and the Moto UI is absolutely horrible!! and HTC arguably has better build and reception I'm on this forum right now and my coworker razr does not have any service so he cuts his phone off just a example.. It does have good battery life tho lol :)

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Sorry but the screen looks like crap and the Moto UI is absolutely horrible.. It does have good battery life tho lol :)

Matter of opinion on the screen and the UI is not the greatest. I'll give you that. But we all know there are ways around that.

Can't argue battery life and superior hardware though. :biggrin:

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Matter of opinion on the screen and the UI is not the greatest. I'll give you that. But we all know there are ways around that.

Can't argue battery life and superior hardware though. :biggrin:

Whew I thought u were a super mod moto fanboy for a min lol.. Hardware is good and battery life is excellent. But to spend 100 more $ just for a bump in battery life is not worth it the screen on the s3 is deff better and bigger the processor is going to blow the maxx away and the camera will be better.. so why would u give all that up for slightly better battery life the s3 will have the best battery life outside of the razr maxx and that should not be a problem only for the heaviest of users and ill state again moto UI is absolutely crap!!

kparks

Reaction score
And I absolutely hate samsung I'm HTC all the way but honestly I think the op will like and have a better experience with the s3!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
My Wife has had several Samsungs, I have had several Motorolas. NEVER has her phone held a candle not even close to mine for "phone" functions. Build quality, F&F, - Moto.
The Samsung has a nice screen, my Maxx does too. Battery life not even close.
ICS will be irrelevant in a matter of days.
Who is going to be "the latest new thing" well, you be the judge.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Whew I thought u were a super mod moto fanboy for a min lol.. Hardware is good and battery life is excellent. But to spend 100 more $ just for a bump in battery life is not worth it the screen on the s3 is deff better and bigger the processor is going to blow the maxx away and the camera will be better.. so why would u give all that up for slightly better battery life the s3 will have the best battery life outside of the razr maxx and that should not be a problem only for the heaviest of users and ill state again moto UI is absolutely crap!!

I am sort of a moto fanboy but not to the extreme of defending them over everything else always. They are far from perfect. I have just always had the best luck with moto hardware. Gave the Galaxy Nexus a whirl for a few months and the crappy reception left a bad taste in my mouth. The screen on the SIII is gonna be bigger. Better?? Who knows yet and honestly it will be a matter of taste and opinion. And that bigger and brighter screen will suck more juice. The processor on my Maxx does just fine and handles everything I throw at it. Battery life??? Worth $100 more?? In the whole package to me yes it is. If battery life was the only thing the Maxx had going for it I would prolly think differently. I don't have the luxury of being close to a charger all day or being able to use wifi except at home. So to have a battery that can last almost two full days on network is a godsend.

And yes Blur is crap. I will still give you that.

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
I am sort of a moto fanboy but not to the extreme of defending them over everything else always. They are far from perfect. I have just always had the best luck with moto hardware. Gave the Galaxy Nexus a whirl for a few months and the crappy reception left a bad taste in my mouth. The screen on the SIII is gonna be bigger. Better?? Who knows yet and honestly it will be a matter of taste and opinion. And that bigger and brighter screen will suck more juice. The processor on my Maxx does just fine and handles everything I throw at it. Battery life??? Worth $100 more?? In the whole package to me yes it is. If battery life was the only thing the Maxx had going for it I would prolly think differently. I don't have the luxury of being close to a charger all day or being able to use wifi except at home. So to have a battery that can last almost two full days on network is a godsend.

And yes Blur is crap. I will still give you that.

The screen will be better in the s3 ur moving from a 4.3 to a 4.8 inch 720p with over 300ppi. Yea the nexus had crappy reception but the S2 and og galaxy s had pretty good reception.. Ur experience with the nexus could I not say the same about the Moto bionic the nexus was nowhere close to the flop that thing was and look how long them ppl were waiting for a patch and now it's a pretty solid device.

ryanr509

Reaction score
I'd take the s3 better screen,processor, more ram, better camera/camcorder,cheaper and is a flagship phone. Only downside I see is the battery 3300 vs 2100 but 2100 is a large battery for a smartphone and u can always buy and extended battery. S3 is the latest and greatest. The only way I see getting the Maxx is if u are loyal to moto and or the battery life. But with the price differwnce (199 s3 vs 299 maxx) u could buy a brand name extended battery and have a better phone in the s3 than the maxx could ever be.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
What about the ReZound?

- $79 right now
- 720p gorgeous display
- Supposed to have an amazing Camera
- Decent hardware specs
- Get the extended battery and it's still cheaper then the other two
- Getting ICS

ryanr509

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
What about the ReZound?

- $79 right now
- 720p gorgeous display
- Decent hardware specs
- Getting ICS

Ya just depends what the OP wants. The latest and greatest? Or still a great phone at a cheaper price. If he wants it to last 2 years or 6 months?

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
The screen will be better in the s3 ur moving from a 4.3 to a 4.8 inch 720p with over 300ppi. Yea the nexus had crappy reception but the S2 and og galaxy s had pretty good reception.. Ur experience with the nexus could I not say the same about the Moto bionic the nexus was nowhere close to the flop that thing was and look how long them ppl were waiting for a patch and now it's a pretty solid device.

Remember you lose useable screen real estate with ICS. Except when watching full screen video. The GN has a 4.65 screen. But with the onscreen buttons it basically equates to a 4.3" usable screen. I'm not arguing that the SIII will have a gorgeous screen. That is one thing Sammy does well is make awesome displays. My G'Tab 8.9 is stunning. It just isn't a deal breaker for me with a phone. Important yes. The only thing?? No. So much more to consider to have a fully functional and enjoyable device.

Oh and the GN was not a flop. It was an awesome device. Just had crappy reception. If it could hold a signal like a moto device I would have kept it in a second. And I was actually one of the apparent few who had zero issues with the Bionic. Solid device with awesome reception.

kparks

Reaction score
tjk629 said:
What about the ReZound?

- $79 right now
- 720p gorgeous display
- Decent hardware specs
- Getting ICS

That is a good deal and u get the 100$ headphones that's deff the best bang for ur buck and htc build and reception is second to none!!