Razr max or S3

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
@kparks: Since this has been a fun and friendly debate I have a question for ya. If the RAZR HD was available now or confirmed for the very near future with it's rumored specs of....

Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz
Qualcomm Adreno 225 GPU
4.6-inch Super AMOLED HD display 720p
3300 mAh battery
13MP camera
ICS

What would be your recommendation then???

Well seeing how he wants to keep unlimited data get the s3 flip it pocket the money and get the rumored htc phone with a 5" display later this year with its superior build quality and hardware!! Lmao or the razr hd but I don't think eather one is coming too soon I got the s3 preordered and I don't really want it I only use htc phones but if it works good I'll keep it if I don't like it it's going to ebay.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The S3's battery life will be a step above the Gnex, but still nothing compared to the Maxx. Anybody intending to get an S3, don't expect a significant jump in battery life over the Gnex. A small jump is likely, but nothing earth shattering.

The S4 chip will help... but as with the Gnex, that screen will kill the battery. The S4 chip is really the wildcard b/c we don't have much evidence yet as to how much it's going to help with things like LTE radio efficiency. I'm now on T-Mobile with an HTC One S (has the S4 chipset). I get 24+ hours, easy. However, I'm not streaming vids or data all day, there's no LTE on Tmo yet, and the screen on the One S (as opposed to the One X) is samoled qHD, not 720p. I do use it quite often, though, it doesn't just sit idle all day.

The Gnex reception and battery life while "idling" was greatly improved after 4.0.4, so hopefully Samsung gets it right with the new chipset that should handle things like 3G/4G handoff better, or more efficiently.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well seeing how he wants to keep unlimited data get the s3 flip it pocket the money and get the rumored htc phone with a 5" display later this year with its superior build quality and hardware!! Lmao or the razr hd but I don't think eather one is coming too soon I got the s3 preordered and I don't really want it I only use htc phones but if it works good I'll keep it if I don't like it it's going to ebay.

My plan exactly. Except I am getting two. One two flip for sure and one to possibly try out for a limited run and then sell if I don't like. My agenda is locking in unlimited and pocketing some money for the RHD.

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Garemlin said:
Does it??? You may be right. I haven't familiarized myself with the SIII yet. If that is the case my argument about screen size is moot.

It does, cause it still has that signature home button the line is known for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

kparks

Reaction score
menudo18 said:
The factory extended battery.

If its the 1840 mha battery than the s3 will give u plenty of Battery life should be nothing to worry about. It's up to u..

#1.. if u want the latest and greatest with bleeding edge tech and above average battery. With a ok UI but usually feels cheaply made get the samsung gs3

#2. if u want slightly outdated tech but with a huge battery u will never have to worry about solid build and reliable hardware but absolute crap UI.. get the maxx

#3.. If u want a solid phone similar spec as maxx with a arguably better screen in my opinion its way better. and packaged with a sweet pair of headphones and one of the best UI and solid build quality and hardware get the rezound for a absolute steel @ 79$ but expect to be buying a extended battery but makes the phone a little thick.

Most people including myself say u will get better reception with HTC and MOTO phones sum Sammy phones have great reception and others are hit and miss I think the s3 will do just fine and if ur in a good coverage area its nothing to worry about anyway.. If u have a droid x right now ur better off than most. Is there something about the phone u don't like try a different brand if u absolutely love the x but want 4g and better spec stick with moto. Like i know HTC is my brand I'm only Buying the s3 just to try it out cuz of this upgrade thing going on why waste a upgrade. who knows I might really like it but most likely the next HTC flagship for vzw will be in my pocket.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I vote for the SGS3: bigger screen, faster processor, ICS native, and it's been getting excellent reviews everywhere I've looked.
I really can't speak as to the other specifications mentioned so far in this thread. I have a Droid X, and I've never had a problem with motorblur...but no one on this entire forum, it seems, has anything positive to say about it. I've been using the DX for over a year, and I've never had a problem making calls, checking messages, sending texts, checking weather, Internet, email...anything. It's the only Droid I've ever used, so I dont' know any better, I guess.

Kandiru

Reaction score
I my line of work people's lives literally depend on a phone call. I have a concrete walled
room in the basement and the Droid X was the only phone ever to get reception there.
It has never let me down and i take 30-100 calls day and night 24/7.

Like above poster said, Moto phones are reliable and have some of the best antennas, after
all they made the first mobille car radio for grandpa's dates. The flipside is Motos are the most
radiant phones but a BT headset solves the cancerophobia.

I would choose a Moto or Apple product over any other and I am sure many here will agree.

I am waiting to get the scoop between the Moto Droid Razr Maxx HD and iPhone 5 as I am also
eligible. Big letdown is that while every iPod/iPad has no trouble connecting to our corporate mainframe (WiFi or celllular), Droid devices (X phone and Xoom tablet alike) too often lag behind in Geotrust SSL certificate updates by months so they leave me blind and helpless all too often, unpredictably so, usually after an update. Rooting not an option as our phones are locked above and beyond Verizon protocol.

down1plus2

Reaction score
I say get the SIII with upgrade. Then you may want to upgrade ur razr with razr maxx battery kit for 100 bucks if u wanna stay the moto route. Then sell the SIII when razr HD comes out, because resale value will be higher on SIII. With that being said, I say get the 32gb SIII.

kparks

Reaction score
There is pretty good info in this thread I wonder if the op has made a decision yet?