Razr max or S3

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Remember you lose useable screen real estate with ICS. Except when watching full screen video. The GN has a 4.65 screen. But with the onscreen buttons it basically equates to a 4.3" usable screen. I'm not arguing that the SIII will have a gorgeous screen. That is one thing Sammy does well is make awesome displays. My G'Tab 8.9 is stunning. It just isn't a deal breaker for me with a phone. Important yes. The only thing?? No. So much more to consider to have a fully functional and enjoyable device.

Oh and the GN was not a flop. It was an awesome device. Just had crappy reception. If it could hold a signal like a moto device I would have kept it in a second. And I was actually one of the apparent few who had zero issues with the Bionic. Solid device with awesome reception.

I said the bionic was a flop not the nexus. :)

ryanr509

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Remember you lose useable screen real estate with ICS. Except when watching full screen video. The GN has a 4.65 screen. But with the onscreen buttons it basically equates to a 4.3" usable screen. I'm not arguing that the SIII will have a gorgeous screen. That is one thing Sammy does well is make awesome displays. My G'Tab 8.9 is stunning. It just isn't a deal breaker for me with a phone. Important yes. The only thing?? No. So much more to consider to have a fully functional and enjoyable device.

Oh and the GN was not a flop. It was an awesome device. Just had crappy reception. If it could hold a signal like a moto device I would have kept it in a second. And I was actually one of the apparent few who had zero issues with the Bionic. Solid device with awesome reception.

I thought the s3 has capacitive keys and not the on screen keys?

kparks

Reaction score
Ok we need the op to give us more details on what exactly they want!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok we need the op to give us more details on what exactly they want!!

I think they are just sitting back watching and waiting for the dust to settle. LOL

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I thought the s3 has capacitive keys and not the on screen keys?

Does it??? You may be right. I haven't familiarized myself with the SIII yet. If that is the case my argument about screen size is moot.

kparks

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Does it??? You may be right. I haven't familiarized myself with the SIII yet. If that is the case my argument about screen size is moot.

Yes the s3 has capacitive buttons its 4.8 full screen 24/7 lol

OP
M

menudo18

Reaction score
Sorry i was having dinner. I have a droid x and love the phone. I do want it to last a long time since i do not want to have to switch to a tiered plan. Battery life is always an issue, camera, signal.

kparks

Reaction score
menudo18 said:
Sorry i was having dinner. I have a droid x and love the phone. I do want it to last a long time since i do not want to have to switch to a tiered plan.
How is the battery in the x doing for u???

ryanr509

Reaction score
Garemlin said:

Ya its has the center button like the iPhone and the a back button and a recent apps button that are capacitive i believe. I could be wrong though I've been wrong once before lol

kparks

Reaction score
ryanr509 said:
Ya its has the center button like the iPhone and the a back button and a recent apps button that are capacitive i believe. I could be wrong though I've been wrong once before lol

Only once huh lol!

ryanr509

Reaction score
The battery in the s3 will be roughly 25% bigger than an average smartphone battery. And with the newer technology will be getting better battery life than an older phone already.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
@kparks: Since this has been a fun and friendly debate I have a question for ya. If the RAZR HD was available now or confirmed for the very near future with it's rumored specs of....

Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz
Qualcomm Adreno 225 GPU
4.6-inch Super AMOLED HD display 720p
3300 mAh battery
13MP camera
ICS

What would be your recommendation then???

ryanr509

Reaction score
Garemlin said:
@kparks: Since this has been a fun and friendly debate I have a question for ya. If the RAZR HD was available now or confirmed for the very near future with it's rumored specs of....

Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor clocked at 1.5GHz
Qualcomm Adreno 225 GPU
4.6-inch Super AMOLED HD display 720p
3300 mAh battery
13MP camera
ICS

What would be your recommendation then???

That's like an s3 with better camera but no removable back. Lol