RAZR dropped, then Galaxy Neuxus, Then RAZR Agian:)

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about their opinions? I still have until the 15th to decide.

Agree with other comments on the battery. My OG battery was relatively abused and still has great charge. Before a smartphone, my last two dumbphones (and I don't run a lot of minutes) both had batteries about shot right around the 20 month upgrade window. But I think the new batteries should do better than 1-1.5 years. Maybe it's an issue with the RAZR if you plan to have it longer than 2 years, and maybe it's an issue if and when for flashing (I did have to do a number of battery pulls on my OG because of instability fiddling with roms).

As for ICS, the RAZR will be getting it sooner rather than later. I don't think that's really a valid reason beyond a month or two. If you run an alternate launcher, it's less of an issue. Yeah, ICS is faster and better optimized, but we're still waiting for many apps to catch-up.

Sei28

Reaction score
Agree with other comments on the battery. My OG battery was relatively abused and still has great charge. Before a smartphone, my last two dumbphones (and I don't run a lot of minutes) both had batteries about shot right around the 20 month upgrade window. But I think the new batteries should do better than 1-1.5 years. Maybe it's an issue with the RAZR if you plan to have it longer than 2 years, and maybe it's an issue if and when for flashing (I did have to do a number of battery pulls on my OG because of instability fiddling with roms).

As for ICS, the RAZR will be getting it sooner rather than later. I don't think that's really a valid reason beyond a month or two. If you run an alternate launcher, it's less of an issue. Yeah, ICS is faster and better optimized, but we're still waiting for many apps to catch-up.

How often did you charge your OG Droid? I'm guessing that since it's a 3G phone, you didn't have to charge it every night, which probably extended its battery life?

I guess my biggest concern with Razr at this point is battery losing charge. I plan to have a this phone (whether I choose GN or Razr) for about 2 years (probably give or take ~2 months to that).

I'm a casual user who will be using the phone to call, text, browse internet, and use a few apps for the most part. I don't plan on rooting my phone and I'm ignorant enough to not even know what "flashing" means.:happy3: It just seemed to me that GN was more for those who really likes to and knows how to customize their phone by various means.

Last edited: