What is going on with the RAZR's connectivity!?!

Namaste777

Reaction score
I had the HTC Rezound before returning it for the RAZR and I have to say I like my RAZR but as of late I'm getting frustrated to say the least! The Rezound was rock solid with connectivity and NEVER dropped to 3g. This phone is all over the place! Plus, the Rezound seemed faster in many respects. Do I need to go back to the Rezound or get the Galaxy Nexus? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

remedemic

Reaction score
Well the connections issues are most likely to be resolved soon with an update (at most a few more weeks with the ice cream sandwich update). So if that's the only issue, i'd suggest keeping the razr.

Olmanrivah

Reaction score
The main problem is with Verizon not the Razr. Read some of the lost data Posts.

tpaege1

Reaction score
that was one of the problems with razr... you would have to restart to go from wifi to 3g/4g. the Maxx is supposed to have that issue resolved ,a patch for the Razr is also supposed to be in the works.

DeeMat

Reaction score
My understanding is that the issues are not the Razr's, they are Verizon's. People with other 4G phones seem to be experiencing the same issues...

thehowells

Reaction score
My son has the Bionic and has the same connectivity problems. I'm frustrated as well but I love my Razr and will ride it out til Verizon gets things fixed.

Trash Can

Reaction score
What's frustrating is that I thought the last update was supposed to fix the issue. So much for that. Making matters worse, during the most recent LTE outage, I could not get either 3G or 4G data while someone standing right next to me was humming right along just fine with their Droid X. :angry:

Kimo91

Reaction score
There's been data outages depending where you're at. I haven't had any data issues where I'm at in SC...but I did lose data once but that was only because I messed up my smart actions.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

OP
N

Namaste777

Reaction score
My connectivity has been better since I started this thread. However, it seems that depending on where we are determines our signal strength. If I'm at work my 4g is very strong, at home, maybe 2-3 bars (if not 3g). frustrating. Anyone know anything about the RAZR MAXX?

RAZRblade

Reaction score
In my case.. I've had no data while a friend with a razr was sitting next to me that never has issues. Usually don't get data after being in airplane mode. Toggle it again and it gets it. Sometime s it just vanishes for a couple hours. Maybe it's from an app?