Razor vs Bionic

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I see a device I like, I buy it... but I'm stingy. . I don't share :biggrin: seriously though, I buy a device when I like it... but I don't just put an in a drawer. I have the 3g devices and rotate them on a line, two maxx's get rotated as work and play devices(different setups like the x has different profiles) the bionic is my "god" line... it has the best reception, and when that line rings.. its important. This is while out on the road... :)

EDIT, I'm contemplating selling the x and x2... idk yet.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

deduct

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
Why so many?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Why not? I would like to have the original bionic. You know, the model they scrapped when they decided to make the targa the bionic. I would just love to compare it with the bionic we have now. And it would be pretty fun to bring into a verizon store and ask them if they have any accessories for the bionic and pull it out. They would be like...what the efffffff????

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
But the original bionic has problems with it though. That is why they redesigned it.

markwebb

Reaction score
But the original bionic has problems with it though. That is why they redesigned it.

???? There are no 2 Bionics. Yes, they re-designed it 6 months after its initial announcement/prototype that it was coming, but there was only 1 model released. There is/was no other model manufactured.

I think you guys are a bit confused. :)

sk102704

Reaction score
markwebb said:
???? There are no 2 Bionics. Yes, they re-designed it 6 months after its initial announcement/prototype that it was coming, but there was only 1 model released. There is/was no other model manufactured.

I think you guys are a bit confused. :)

This is correct. There was a prototype shown at CES 2011 Moto called the Bionic and slated to be released in May/June 2011 but it was never released. It was scrapped for the current Targa version that was released in Sept last year because they said they were having problems with the original version and it didn't live up to their expectations.

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
But the original bionic still exist though right.

markwebb

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:

The original bionic, as you say, is the model which has been released from day one since last September. There is no other.

sk102704

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:

The "original" version of the Bionic was scrapped and never manufactured so there may be a few prototypes, but that's it. The Bionic that was released is the only Bionic available.

BleedingEdge

Reaction score
RE: Bionic vs. Razr

Yaa me too

For what it's worth, I went into a VZW Store today to check out the GS3 and see what else was new (I havn't really looked at any new phones in months).
I had read the the GS3's screen was not very bright (or white for that matter). Don't get me wrong the detail of the screen is awsome, but the colors don't really pop. They just seem muted. As far as brightness, I powered on my Bionic and opened gmail on both devices. Not even close. The Bionic has got to be twice as bright as the GS3 meaning that the white background on the Gmail app is... white. The GS3 actially looks grayish blue. I checked the brightness settings and the GS3 was on max brightness and with Automatic Brightness unchecked. The colors are much more vivid on the Bionic as well without the over-saturated look some AMOLED screens had. I also compared the Razr and although the Razr was brighter that the GS3, it was noticeably dimmer than the Bionic. I run my screen at max all the time and with the extended battery I get between 15 and 20 hours with no attempt at power saving.
I dunno, but since I'm already running the .232 ICS leak - meaning my Bionic and all the other phones I looked at were all at Android 4.0.4, I'm just not bitten by the bug to get a new phone. With even the leaked version of ICS, the Bionic is a whole new animal. Can't wait to see what the actual OTA final release brings:happy3:

deduct

Reaction score
BleedingEdge said:
For what it's worth, I went into a VZW Store today to check out the GS3 and see what else was new (I havn't really looked at any new phones in months).
I had read the the GS3's screen was not very bright (or white for that matter). Don't get me wrong the detail of the screen is awsome, but the colors don't really pop. They just seem muted. As far as brightness, I powered on my Bionic and opened gmail on both devices. Not even close. The Bionic has got to be twice as bright as the GS3 meaning that the white background on the Gmail app is... white. The GS3 actially looks grayish blue. I checked the brightness settings and the GS3 was on max brightness and with Automatic Brightness unchecked. The colors are much more vivid on the Bionic as well without the over-saturated look some AMOLED screens had. I also compared the Razr and although the Razr was brighter that the GS3, it was noticeably dimmer than the Bionic. I run my screen at max all the time and with the extended battery I get between 15 and 20 hours with no attempt at power saving.
I dunno, but since I'm already running the .232 ICS leak - meaning my Bionic and all the other phones I looked at were all at Android 4.0.4, I'm just not bitten by the bug to get a new phone. With even the leaked version of ICS, the Bionic is a whole new animal. Can't wait to see what the actual OTA final release brings:happy3:

I am right there with ya bleeding. This phone is simply amazing now. And its 10 months old!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The razor has better battery life though

Yeah, until about a year from now when you start to notice the battery starts losing capacity, and there's no cheap and easy way to replace it. At that point, you'll wish you went with a phone with a removeable battery..........

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, until about a year from now when you start to notice the battery starts losing capacity, and there's no cheap and easy way to replace it. At that point, you'll wish you went with a phone with a removeable battery..........

Or you can buy one of the 4 extended batteries available for the Bionic and carry the OEM battery as a spare.