bionic retired? need quick info

3sweeties

Reaction score
Went to vwz store to buy son bionic and they are out... In the warehouse too... Said it may be retired! Do I get him the d4 or razor? Razor fits the cool dock... What to do????

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They are lying to you. The bionic is being phased slowly out, but there are still plenty of them around.

The maxx is top dog right now. Its an excellent device. You can't go wrong with it.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^ They MAY be sold out right now due to the Father's Day sale, though. If you can get ahold of one, though, it's a real deal - if the maxx is top dog, the Bionic is next in line! I still like the idea of being able to replace my battery without risk of damage to my phone, in my experience they tend to start losing capacity right around the 1 year mark.

EDIT: I especially like the fact that I can buy a new battery for my Bionic for right around $6.00 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SNN5...E75K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339112204&sr=8-1

Comments for the above link seem to concur that these are the real deal, too!

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Lol, I'm not criticizing the bionic, I still use one. I love it. Its got awesome reception, and its probably the more rugged of the 2, your always hearing about screens on the razrs, but not that often on the bionic :)

B

bens42608

^^^^^^^^^ They MAY be sold out right now due to the Father's Day sale, though. If you can get ahold of one, though, it's a real deal - if the maxx is top dog, the Bionic is next in line! I still like the idea of being able to replace my battery without risk of damage to my phone, in my experience they tend to start losing capacity right around the 1 year mark.

EDIT: I especially like the fact that I can buy a new battery for my Bionic for right around $6.00 on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-SNN5...E75K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339112204&sr=8-1

Comments for the above link seem to concur that these are the real deal, too!

+1
Worlds most underrated phone

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's being retired in a certain way as it's now "free" with a 2-year contract so I presume people are jumping on the offer. The good news is that the Bionic Laptop was reduced from $199.99 to $49.97 (may be limited to in-store stock only).

And it's nice that an update for the Bionic is coming out next week or so. Take a look at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/211119-905-soak-test.html

Last edited:

HTC1

Reaction score
I have the OEM extended battery. It definitely competes with the MAXX and its $200 cheaper. The Bionic is just sold out. It'll be back.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Lol, I'm not criticizing the bionic, I still use one. I love it. Its got awesome reception, and its probably the more rugged of the 2, your always hearing about screens on the razrs, but not that often on the bionic :)

You know, I never even thought of the ruggedness. It is amazing how few busted screens you read about on Bionics. Maybe the RAZR is more prone to screen damage because the bezel around the screen is thinner? Now that you've pointed that fact out, i'm intrigued.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You know, I never even thought of the ruggedness. It is amazing how few busted screens you read about on Bionics. Maybe the RAZR is more prone to screen damage because the bezel around the screen is thinner? Now that you've pointed that fact out, i'm intrigued.

I think its due to the razr not having the steel chassis that all of its predecessors do, and its so thin and wide, so it doesn't have the rigidity of the other devices. The screen and the chips are the only rigid points on it. The Kevlar is just fabric and has no stiffness to it.
So it flexes and this exploits the micro fractures in the gorilla glass, and the weakness of the amoled screen.

This is my opinion though

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ Well, unlike most opinions yours is based on science. So I think you may be correct. It just makes sense.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I thought it did :) Thanx.

regibbons

Reaction score
well...

When I was ordering my wife's bionic a few weeks ago, verizonwireless.com showed it as unavailable for a few days, then I was finally able to order it on - I believe - Thursday. It is no longer showing up as unavailable, it's just not showing up at all, and several other phones are sowing up as out of stock. It may be that it has gone bye-bye while I was waiting to get one for myself. Now, since that one appears to actually be discontinued, I am thinking of getting a Charge. What do you guys think?

bobbyp

Reaction score
I don't know. I have not heard good things. I ordered a Rezound for my son last week for $79 but its back at $199 now.