Razor vs Bionic

mdotytx

Reaction score
brad92 said:
Nope. Why would anybody buy overpriced accessories from Verizon? Not to mention the local store is full of douchebags

Sent from my DROID SPYDER

+1!!!!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily. It's all based on what you need out of your phone. And what you like. Removable battery is nice in bionic. But, i would be just as happy with razr maxx i think. Its been said many times, one really needs to be able to physically handle and compare these phones before making a decision.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

I agree completely

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
So why are both razors more expensive than the DROID bionic if they are essentially the same phone.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why would anybody buy overpriced accessories from Verizon?

Yeah, that $25 Motorola extended battery was way more than the $27 Motorola extended battery from Amazon. :happy3:

How is it not cheap and easy? I mean its not as idiot proof as a removable battery, but its not rocket science. Just get a new battery and take the back off. Undo the screws and reverse the process.

The non removable battery cracks get old.

To be honest, I expect the RAZR's battery to last at least the length of the contract, and probably much longer. The problem will be the number of places that will be selling the battery that far down the line.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So why are both razors more expensive than the DROID biking if they are essentially the same phone.

The main reason is that they are newer, but they're also smaller and I'm sure the qHD screen of the Bionic is cheaper

nateohio

Reaction score
About the only thing that could get me to step away from my bionic at this point would be a Moto Nexus device. There aren't any phones that are out or are coming out in the near future that interest me enough!

RebeccaJ

Reaction score
My husband has a Bionic and I have a Razor, so we compare them all the time. If I had to pick between the two, I'd probably choose the Bionic. I'm not sure if it's just my phone or if it's a common issue with the model, but my Razor has horrible problems with dropping the data connection. We will be sitting side by side and he will have a great 4G connection and I will have nothing. I use a lot of data-sucking apps and this is a huge sticking point for me. I lose my connection multiple times a day. Today is my first day on ICS on the Razor, so I'm hoping that it will be better.

As for his Bionic, I will say that he has had to have it replaced it 3 times. Once because he had it with him on his motorcycle and got caught in a downpour (the 3rd day after it came out), once because it just seemed to stop working, and most recently because any time he would set it down on a table surface, the force of being dropped (and by dropped, I just mean how you would normally put your phone on a table) to the surface would trigger the phone to shut down.

One thing I've loved about my Razor is how tough it is. I have a screen protector on it, but no case. It's got some dings and scratches on the corners, but it's survived some pretty dramatic falls.

I originally picked the Razor because I wanted the bigger screen. Because the phone is so wide and thin, it's hard for me to hold it securely in one hand and type with my thumb like I would like to do. The Bionic is a better size for me.

mdotytx

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:
So why are both razors more expensive than the DROID biking if they are essentially the same phone.

Because they are thin.....it's all about cosmetics

nateohio

Reaction score
Weaselboy134987 said:

And because many people will buy stuff without researching it first! They see a commercial and go from there. Who's going to tell them that there is an equivalent phone that's a hell of a lot cheaper? Not the VZW rep that's getting paid commission...

OP
DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
So people with a razor or razor max pretty much got ripped off!?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There are some differences in the razr and the bionic... but as my fellow Texan said.. its cosmetic(lamination construction process) the processor is a little faster...very little. The screen is different, I like the bionics screen in sunlight... and i'd bet that the ics build for bionic will be better :) they've learned from the problems with the razr..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!