Razor Maxx HD on ICS

cvc42

Reaction score
Hello

I just bought a new Razor Maxx HD of ebay and am looking to use wireless tether. I have unlimited data and tether my devices at home to my phone. I currently have a rooted Bionic and it works flawlessly. I have been searching forums and have pretty much confused myself silly. I will upgrade to Jelly Bean when the phone arrives, and am also aware that Kitkat will be pushed soon if not already. So here is my question.

Do I have to root to tether? and if so what utility should I use. I will be on Jelly Bean and will not take the Kitkat upgrade until a root is available for it.

Thanks in Advance

lloydsw

Reaction score
If you do a search on the forums, you will find info on the 'entitlement hack' that allows using the built-in mobile hotspot. My personal experience is that even though I was successful with the entitlement hack, I could not get internet with a wifi connection, only usb tethering. Never could figure out why... My phone is rooted so I use a wireless tether app. Have had no problems with it.

OP
C

cvc42

Reaction score
I think I will use Motochopper, found a link and info on it. SQLite is what I used on my Bionic and has worked very well. Just need to find out what field needs changed, also will use Titanium Backup and freeze the apk file that is responsible for OTA upgrades just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.

Thanks for the reply