1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Root now or wait for Jelly Bean?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by RaveD, Nov 19, 2012.

  1. RaveD
    Offline

    RaveD New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2012
    Messages:
    19
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    I'm loving my RAZR MAXX HD but itching to root so I can run Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, etc.

    However, I'm concerned if I root now, I may have trouble upgrading to Jelly Bean.

    Contrarily, if I wait to root, the Jelly Bean update could break the current rooting procedure and I'll have to wait for somebody to crack it again.

    So, root now and worry about Jelly Bean later? Or wait for the Jelly Bean OTA update (which hopefully is coming soon).
  2. YankInDaSouth
    Offline

    YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

    Joined:
    Jul 8, 2010
    Messages:
    2,950
    Likes Received:
    29
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Sharpsburg, GA
    Well, JB should be here before you know it. But there is a leak JB floating around and it has been proven that you can revert back to ICS from said leak. So, I'd say if you can't fight the urge, go ahead and flash that leak. Worse case scenario is that you sbf back to stock to grab the OTA.



    Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. KaChow
    Offline

    KaChow Guest

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2012
    Messages:
    945
    Likes Received:
    149
    Trophy Points:
    43
    I am holding out for Verizon's JB. I really don't know what carrier that JB rom belongs to, one JB rom, I found is from France. Flashing ROMs from different carriers are PITA, use different radios.

    I want to get my TB up, Toolbox, etc., but I am going to wait it out. Take the update, and watch the others root to make sure there are no issues with root or recovery. And then go for it!:icon_ lala:
    1 person likes this.