Motorola Droid Razr - Installing Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
FYI to anyone that is going to attempt this, I tried it today and it soft bricked my phone. I had to use the fastboot files to get back to a working .211 ICS state, and am now back to .215 rooted and APPS installed.

So I have a nice fresh install of ICS, but at the expense of a couple hours of my life gone that won't come back.

I followed the instructions and received a error during the install and then the reboot just gave a black screen, never fear though because I have my CWM backup right?

Wrong, that failed as well so it was useless to me :(. Started from scratch I did, again this is just an FYI to those that might try it be prepared to maybe brick your phone.

aktrazer

Reaction score
Sydman said:
FYI to anyone that is going to attempt this, I tried it today and it soft bricked my phone. I had to use the fastboot files to get back to a working .211 ICS state, and am now back to .215 rooted and APPS installed.

So I have a nice fresh install of ICS, but at the expense of a couple hours of my life gone that won't come back.

I followed the instructions and received a error during the install and then the reboot just gave a black screen, never fear though because I have my CWM backup right?

Wrong, that failed as well so it was useless to me :(. Started from scratch I did, again this is just an FYI to those that might try it be prepared to maybe brick your phone.

I'm in the middle of "foxcatting" my phone. I may give this a try tomorrow and see what kind of results I get.

What was the error you got? Just so if I see it we can tell if we're seeing the same thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX Limited Edition using Droid Forums

aktrazer

Reaction score
Is it odd that I'm excited about trying this tomorrow? :)

jailmakerjr

Reaction score
I installed it using safestrap and im not that impressed but i use my camera a lot so that was a negative for me.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score

This would be why I typically do not mess with ROMS...Besides I'd have to wait until they worked out the camera piece.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah it was a stupid idea really, I don't care about the camera not working but still should have left my phone alone.

I don't remember the exact wording on my error, but it was Status 7 related. I am curious if maybe I was supposed to be stock .211 instead of on the .215 leak.

Either way my phone is back to normal and running even better since I did two FDRs after Fastbooting back to .211 and updating back to .215.

aktrazer

Reaction score
Sydman said:
Yeah it was a stupid idea really, I don't care about the camera not working but still should have left my phone alone.

I don't remember the exact wording on my error, but it was Status 7 related. I am curious if maybe I was supposed to be stock .211 instead of on the .215 leak.

Either way my phone is back to normal and running even better since I did two FDRs after Fastbooting back to .211 and updating back to .215.

I also got it to run, had to go back to stock. 211. I really don't see what the fuss is about, it's not THAT big of a difference. I flashed back to. 211 again and restored to the way that my RAZR was.. 215 rooted and happy again.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Getting Google Now on ICS essentially gives us Jellybean, since it's really the only significant new feature. Pass. Wait for official.

jasonwuzthere

Reaction score
JB is awesome. It prioritizes user input over running tasks (what they call butter) and really is more snappy and responsive. The only reason I'm not using Directory index · styled with h5ai right now is because I have to have the camera working.
Saying something sucks based on 1 persons bad experience with an experimental ROM seems a bit of a jump. lol That forum keeps getting hacked (someone angered someone? I dunno.) so there isn't a support thread anymore (as of yet) and last I heard Dhacker29 stopped working on it until he finishes his CM9 builds.
You HAVE to used safestrap with this, he says he doesn't know how/if it will work with bootstrap. Last time I installed it I came from CM9, flashed this, rebooted completely, since camera didn't work figured I'd restore data for poops and giggles and it worked. Rebooted to all my apps/data. lol
Sorry to ramble. :biggrin:

narrowpath

Reaction score
anyone else having issues with getting wifi running? i've rebooted the phone several times and it just says "turning on wifi"?

TDJ112

Reaction score
This would be why I typically do not mess with ROMS...Besides I'd have to wait until they worked out the camera piece.

Most ROMS are OK....just make sure you read the entire thread to see how others have done...not the best idea to be the first one to try it liek that dude....lol

TDJ112

Reaction score

You should prob post this in that thread as well...