Motorola Droid Razr - Installing Jelly Bean (CyanogenMod 10)

tommyg562000

Reaction score
Nah. Stock was ruined, too. Dead radio. VZW said it was SIm, i suspected not. new sim failed, so I just used matt's Utility and DrBliss for root. Using stock JB now and all is well. Afraid to try RC5 again. Wont go near Cm10.2 for a few months. It was the dirty Cm10.2 flash that killed me. may go back to AOPK.

Ah ok, well glad you are at least back up and running. I to flashed CM10.2 last night and had bad experience with it. Wifi would not turn on, I couldn't get 3g/4g. I might have been able to get stuff working but I just didn't have time to fool around with it.

helron

Reaction score
Helron what was your phone doing? I too dirty flashed CM 10.2 and I started getting error messages such as no sim power off and reboot with a sim card. All I would do is power down pull out sim, put it back in and reboot. Has happened on both Stock and CM. Annoying but works. I am not sure if its the SIM or not. Is this what you were experiencing? Also flashed gapps for 4.3 and can't update some apps such as MAPs...

The first thing that I noticed was the inability to send/receive calls. Dead radio on Cm10.2. I use an app called Lte On/Off and it allows user to get into phone settings and check radio and network connections. Also, never lot 4g. Then, I switched to stock, to see if the same calling issues were present. Stock was fine until went back to Rom. Then i removed the SIM and stillhad same issue on Rom and stock. I didn't thinkitwas SIM issue. but VZ did! So, I went and picked up a new Sim card. Wouldn'tlet them see the phone, because it was rooted. LOl
Came home and put in new SIM. Still no radio signal, no network provider, nothing! Finally, after researching it to death, I found other users experiencing the same issue with CM10 Rom and many with CM10.2 upgrade.
I then decided to Ue Matt's Utility (which I love!!) and wipe the phone. So, I am on stock now, and think I may remain there until I feel the need to go back to a Rom.
Got a memo from a user who suggested Blurry Rom. Never heard of it. Maybe Ill try Liquid smooth, who knows? My fear is this: The xt912 will be losing alot of folks in the next few months. Contracts will be over, and folks will be looking for bigger and better - maybe MotoX or SG4. there may not be a lot of support for this phone. I look at other Droid forums and realized that life is short lived with these phones.
So, having said all of athis, i may be sticking to stock or just run with a plain tried and true RC5 build on CM10.1
Good luck with your issue. happy mine was solved, the hard (but really easy way).

helron

Reaction score
Ah ok, well glad you are at least back up and running. I to flashed CM10.2 last night and had bad experience with it. Wifi would not turn on, I couldn't get 3g/4g. I might have been able to get stuff working but I just didn't have time to fool around with it.

See my last response to GOTFX - May go back to Rc5 10.1 after wiping and starting over. Still too annoyed to bother, but fear I will. LOL

helron

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I installed Cm10.1 using hashcode's Safestrap3.11 It's a breeze, so flashing another Rom would be a piece of cake. Just not sure which Rom to try.
I first flashed a Kexec Cm10 Rom by Hashcode and loved it. It switched my 32 ext sd card to act as my primary SD card, and my on board 8 gb became my Ext. card. WOW! Was the cool! Gave me 32 gb of on board storage. Rom was great, and then I upgraded to Cm10, RC5. Never did a nightly until i dirty flashed 10.2 NEVER AGAIN. It was to soon. I shouldn't have flashed something so new. I learned from my mistake.....Glad i use Tibu.

helron

Reaction score
If you are on official JB release or not, go here: [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers
Follow Matty's instructions. I used Option 1 in March and never had an issue until I dirty flashed Cm10.2 - it was to soon to test that version trail. DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean [SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!) - xda-developers

Anyway, a clean wipe is always best, so I chose option 1. Make sure your battery is fully charged or else TROUBLE. He will mention a cable. i purchased one, in March 9 after hearing ore about it) for $6 on line. Never though I;d need it until this week when CM10.2 ost ability to receive and make calls. It drained my battery, and woudn't hold a charge. I needed that cable get back into settings and wipe my system. (A lesson well learned.)

I suggest following the steps in this video. TomSgt2 created an excellent video for semi-NOOBs (like me):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzyu2qz8L6U#at=95

Also look for his videos at RootJunky.com https://sites.google.com/site/tomsgt123/all-videos/videos

Last edited:

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Helron, I have been using the August 8 CM nightly and it has been working perfect for me. I started out apparently woth a bad flash too but deleted the slot then recreated and reinstalled and it works perfect. The great thing about safestrap is that I can go back to stock without losing anything.

David

helron

Reaction score
Helron, I have been using the August 8 CM nightly and it has been working perfect for me. I started out apparently woth a bad flash too but deleted the slot then recreated and reinstalled and it works perfect. The great thing about safestrap is that I can go back to stock without losing anything.

David
YellowJacket,

Good news for ya, David!
Glad to hear that August 8 flash is working fine. I assume you took it from the CM site and it's 10.2 and not 10.1??

Perhaps I will give Rc5 official a shot, or just wait for 10.2 to release more stable updates. Nightly always frighten me!
Also, loved Rc5, and have no issues until I dirty flashed 10.2. Prob is, if I go back to 10.1- RC5, and then want to go with 10.2, I have to wipe all over again. Not in the mood for reinstalls.
Have Tibu, but have never fully restored anything from it. LOL --- Have u?
it a shot in a week or so.

GotnFX

Reaction score
Well despite the apps unable to update and the service going out due to the so called no sim card present (while sim was active still in slot), CM 10.2 nightly is on its 2nd update from original release date. Apps updated and thus far I don't have the SIM card error message or signal going out...crossing my fingers :)

YellowJacket

Reaction score
YellowJacket,

Good news for ya, David!
Glad to hear that August 8 flash is working fine. I assume you took it from the CM site and it's 10.2 and not 10.1??

Perhaps I will give Rc5 official a shot, or just wait for 10.2 to release more stable updates. Nightly always frighten me!
Also, loved Rc5, and have no issues until I dirty flashed 10.2. Prob is, if I go back to 10.1- RC5, and then want to go with 10.2, I have to wipe all over again. Not in the mood for reinstalls.
Have Tibu, but have never fully restored anything from it. LOL --- Have u?
it a shot in a week or so.

I've been running 10.1.2. Currently downloading 10.2 and going to give it a try. Really anxious to see how it works. SO far, 10.1.2 has been awesome with battery life.

Daivd

helron

Reaction score
Seems as if folks are not happy with initial 10.2 installs. SIM and Radio issues are present. Let me know how u make out David.

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Seems as if folks are not happy with initial 10.2 installs. SIM and Radio issues are present. Let me know how u make out David.

I'll keep you updated. Downloaded and installed without a hitch. Wifi initially didn't work so I rebooted and it works fine now, in fact, it seems better than before. 4G signal seems to be a bit weaker than normal though so I'm going to have to keep an eye on it. Everything else seems to be ok though. Look and feel is very similar than 10.1 although is seems a bit quicker. Could be due to fresh ROM flash though.

David

helron

Reaction score
I'll keep you updated. Downloaded and installed without a hitch. Wifi initially didn't work so I rebooted and it works fine now, in fact, it seems better than before. 4G signal seems to be a bit weaker than normal though so I'm going to have to keep an eye on it. Everything else seems to be ok though. Look and feel is very similar than 10.1 although is seems a bit quicker. Could be due to fresh ROM flash though.

David

I'll keep following the news:) I heard that it can also be installed to slot3 on Safestrap - did u?

YellowJacket

Reaction score
I'll keep following the news:) I heard that it can also be installed to slot3 on Safestrap - did u?

Nope, I didn't know that it could be installed into slot3 so I deleted the install on slot1 and installed it there. So far, I am entirely impressed. Everything is working buttery smooth... much smoother than 10.1 (4.2.2). One of the interesting things is that I usualy give a ROM a few days to settle in before judging battery life, but right out the gate this one is doing quite nicely inspite of all the "playing" I have been doing with it today.

On a funny note, I was out shopping and a guy in a phone kiosk wanted to sell me a GS4. Said it was the most up to date phone out there today. He asked me what I had and I told him "a Razr Maxx". He said, "good phone but it'll never be updated again", so I opened up my about phone screen and showed him mine was running Android 4.3. He had quite the puzzled look on his face. It was great.

Back on topic...

The only thing I can find wrong with it is Focal, CM's camera replacement crashes often. The regular camera software works great but focal crashes. My guess is that it'll be fixed soon in an upcoming nightly.

David

GotnFX

Reaction score
On a funny note, I was out shopping and a guy in a phone kiosk wanted to sell me a GS4. Said it was the most up to date phone out there today. He asked me what I had and I told him "a Razr Maxx". He said, "good phone but it'll never be updated again", so I opened up my about phone screen and showed him mine was running Android 4.3. He had quite the puzzled look on his face. It was great.

That's hilarious!

GotnFX

Reaction score
Back on topic...

The only thing I can find wrong with it is Focal, CM's camera replacement crashes often. The regular camera software works great but focal crashes. My guess is that it'll be fixed soon in an upcoming nightly.

David

David, looks like another update is in place. I saw as part of the changelog something about Focal...something about downgrade logging.. Not sure what this means, but may be tied to your issue.

The CM mods are really awesome! :)