Random bugs, will reinstalling 2.1 help?

chrome1021

Reaction score
Hi,
I am fairly new to the Droid and I am having some issues. I have a Motorola Droid that is doing a lot of weird random stuff. Is there any way that I can reinstall 2.1 on my phone? Do you think it would even help with any bugs? These are some of the things I have noticed that it does.

1. Sometimes, it only notifies me about every 5th email or so.
  2. During texting, sometimes hitting the spacebar closes the touchscreen keyboard.
  3. When answering a call, the green answer button isn't there sometimes...just a red dot.
  4. Sometimes I swipe to answer a call, but the swipe wont answer it.
  5. It changes the wallpaper back to the original wallpaper on its own.
  6. It moves icons around sometimes.
  7. Sometimes when I open the Gallery, it goes to text messaging.
  8. Sometimes when I open the Gallery, it won't show some of the pictures I have taken with the phone. I need to open the gallery about 3 times, then it will show them all.
  9. Sometimes when I press a contact to call them, it calls someone else in my call log.
  10. Apps, etc seem to open slowly.
Thank you very much!!!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am fairly new to the Droid and I am having some issues. I have a Motorola Droid that is doing a lot of weird random stuff. Is there any way that I can reinstall 2.1 on my phone? Do you think it would even help with any bugs? These are some of the things I have noticed that it does.

1. Sometimes, it only notifies me about every 5th email or so.
  2. During texting, sometimes hitting the spacebar closes the touchscreen keyboard.
  3. When answering a call, the green answer button isn't there sometimes...just a red dot.
  4. Sometimes I swipe to answer a call, but the swipe wont answer it.
  5. It changes the wallpaper back to the original wallpaper on its own.
  6. It moves icons around sometimes.
  7. Sometimes when I open the Gallery, it goes to text messaging.
  8. Sometimes when I open the Gallery, it won't show some of the pictures I have taken with the phone. I need to open the gallery about 3 times, then it will show them all.
  9. Sometimes when I press a contact to call them, it calls someone else in my call log.
  10. Apps, etc seem to open slowly.
Thank you very much!!!

Try doing a factory data reset out of your privacy section. You will probably lose your free applications and any data on the phone. Contacts are backed up by gmail so they will return once you sign back into Google.

Do not restore any task killers or anti virus apps,

If that doesn't work then you have a problem with your Droid. It needs to go back to Verizon. I'll bet it will fix it right up for you.

OP
C

chrome1021

Reaction score
Thanks, I tried that. I will use it for a while and see if it helped. I know this probably sounds like a dumb question, but why shouldn't I use a task killer?