No Icons? Just a wallpaper

Thefamous1

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an annoying problem. Frequently (few times a week maybe) my Droid icons completely disappear - at random. All I see is my wallpaper and the only way to fix it is to restart the phone (and even this sometimes will not solve the problem.)

Has anyone experienced issues like this and have found a solution? It is annoying and will most likely be going to Verizon. I love the Droid, but if there is no fix for this problem I will be moving to AT&T and picking up an iPhone.

Also, when I open up my Favorites under my Phone icon, when I press the green phone image to make a call it will sometimes not enter the calling screen, and when I press it again it will be frozen.

Thank you,

-Famous

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yep this happens to me too sometimes on SG 6.0.1..what you want to do is go into settings>applications>press menu soft key>filter all>home> Force stop. Then press your home soft key, and Home will be forced to reboot.

dsciara

Reaction score
happens to me all the time. I just simply drag my finger across the screen as if I am switching through my desktop pages. Try it. Sounds simple but works for me.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
happens to me all the time. I just simply drag my finger across the screen as if I am switching through my desktop pages. Try it. Sounds simple but works for me.
Tried that on my phone before, doesn't do the trick for me =\ wish it was that easy.

dro

Reaction score
Sounds like an app issue, definitely not the phone. Are you using any home replacement apps? Are you stock/rooted/which rom? Are you using mylock, not call log, or any other similar apps?

OP
T

Thefamous1

Reaction score
I use the stock home, but I do have GDE and Home++ installed - but I don't use them.

I have a lot of applications though, maybe it might be one or more of them causing the problems?

It's just an annoying issue, same with the calling thing. If I want to make a call and the problem comes up, I have to restart my phone. Force closing Home doesn't work - but it did work with the icon problem.

Any of you experienced the calling problem? You press the green phone icon next to the name to enter the call screen and it doesn't enter and you can't click it again?

GerryG35

Reaction score
I have experienced the missing icons problems but not the phone problem. I have a lots of apps and assume that some app running in the background is busy and causing the icons to hide for a while! Sometimes the icons return after touching the screen and other times I use the Shift-Alt-Del keys to reboot.

dro

Reaction score
If you are not rooted, the only likely cause would be an app causing the problems. Try uninstalling all of the stuff you do not use. If that does not work, try starting over with a wipe. If you are rooted, it is most likely a problem with the rom or kernel that you are running.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use the stock home, but I do have GDE and Home++ installed - but I don't use them.

I have a lot of applications though, maybe it might be one or more of them causing the problems?

It's just an annoying issue, same with the calling thing. If I want to make a call and the problem comes up, I have to restart my phone. Force closing Home doesn't work - but it did work with the icon problem.

Any of you experienced the calling problem? You press the green phone icon next to the name to enter the call screen and it doesn't enter and you can't click it again?
Did you read my temporary fix to the issue? Posted right after you.

elgordo123

Reaction score
This just started happening to me to. Not rooted. The only apparently I think that would have done it would be replica island. Going to try to uninstall and see what happens. Weird.

OP
T

Thefamous1

Reaction score

Did you read my temporary fix to the issue? Posted right after you.

Yup and it works for the icons so far. But I still had the phone problem today.

DaSpitter

Reaction score
I do have this problem a lot as well. When I put my phone on the Verizon dock for my desk it can do it sometimes as well. I've been reading through these blogs a lot tonight and have been reading that too much on your phone is bad! I have 23.0 MB available of memory on my phone and only 67 MB on my 16.0 GB card! TOO MUCH MUSIC!!!

I deleted a bunch of stuff and now have 115 MB available of internal memory and 1.56 GB on my SD card and (crossing my fingers) it has seemed to work perfectly since...only an hour or so....Deleted Helix Launcher, clockworkmod, and a few other things that I wasn't using anymore...

hope this helped a bit....