Problems with new gallery

Zeblue

Reaction score
Just fiddled around a bit more.

First, I manually deleted the files that I knew weren't on the SD card, anymore, via the gallery interface.

Second, I downloaded, installed, and used SDrescan, as suggested, rechecked the gallery to see no change. I did this about three times, then decided to mount my phone. I thought that maybe if I moved the movies out of the folder I had made for them and into the main directory, they'd show up.

When I looked in the movies folder, all the new movie files that I watched transfer onto my DROID's SD, earlier, were no longer there. The available disk space on the SD card confirms that there is not a glitch, but that the files I had transferred earlier, are now gone.

I'm going to try removing movies that I know work, then adding them to the gallery, again, as a sort of control test. If that works, I'll try the same with the new files. If the new files don't work, I can assume there's something wrong with the way they were formatted. I won't be able to do this until my lunch break, however...

Sal R.

Reaction score
I'm over the new gallery. I love the picasa sync, but that's pretty much it.

It's slow to load.

When sliding thru your pics and you delete a pic, it cycles back to the very first pic. Very annoying when sliding thru 100+ pics.

Doesn't load SD card pics sometimes even after an SDReScan.

When opening to view a pic not listed in the gallery (file explorer), the app opens but just shows a blank screen. Old 2.0 gallery didn't do this.

Has a nice "wow" factor at first glance, but it's really not that good when actually trying to use it.

Last edited:

Zeblue

Reaction score
Just loaded the movies back up, again. DROID will play the sound track, but not the video, which leads me to believe that I formatted the files incorrectly. My guess is that there is a cache of video thumbnails that remains, even when the corresponding videos have been deleted. So, since these new movies have no video, the gallery applied old thumbnails to them.

Anyway, back to the drawing board to see what I did wrong with handbreak.

mikey1152

Reaction score
I had over 100 images in the droid gallery. The photos began not showing up in the gallery unless i re-booted. So i connected the droid to the laptop and moved the photos in the gallery (DCIM Folder) to the SD card. Now the images show up in the gallery immediately. It seems when the droid memory (image allocation) gets close to full, the images don't want to move as quickly. Does this make sense?

xonmob1

Reaction score
Gallery Issue

I open Gallery and find (4) pics w the name cache on them. They are dark(no pic inside) I can check them off and get rid of them for the day but re boot phone and they come back. I got a new phone and it did the same...Crazy!!!!

tcat950

Reaction score
I to am having trouble with my gallery. Images don't want to load, can't get the gallery to show ANY pictures when I want it to. Is there a way to get it to seperate vids from pics like the old gallery? I miss the old gallery.

rcfx

Reaction score
I accidentally found a way to make new pics show up in the gallery, open astro, find the new pic and open it with astro. Then it shows up in the gallery. Half a##ed I know but it works.

Sent from Droid via Tapatalk

tcat950

Reaction score
In the market there is a app named Multi-Touch Gallery and Mulit-Touch Gallery Pro the pro is a paid version (.99 US) and the other is a free one with advertisements. Either way it is an exact match to the original gallery that came with 2.0. I LOVE IT. I am hopeing it will work flawlessly.