Quick Slayher Kernel Question

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Those who are running Slayhers kernels in UD 2.3.0 where did u download the kernel from? rom manager? or other? & has anyone tried running Slayhers LFY kernel (someone had posted a link in another thread) in 2.3.0? Thanks

anuraj1

Reaction score
I had been using Slayher's 1.6 kernels and decided to try the LFY version. I am having terrible performance and crazy heat fluctuations, so I am switching back to 1.6 right now. And yes, those are available in ROM Manager under Slayher.

You may have different results though since every phone handles kernels differently. No harm in trying them out, just make sure you make a backup!

One note: Slayher's LFY kernels come ready for compcache. The 1.6 kernels require an additional flash. Here's the link to the instructions:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/101390-compcache-ud-2-3-0-instructions.html

thatguy

Reaction score
i am running slayhers lfy kernel right now. i still had to flash the other file to get compcache to run. i havent had any issues so far. flashed kernel yesterday.

anuraj1

Reaction score
i am running slayhers lfy kernel right now. i still had to flash the other file to get compcache to run. i havent had any issues so far. flashed kernel yesterday.

Interesting, people are having mixed results with having to flash the file. I'm glad the LFY version is working for you, it is a newer kernel which presumably has improvements, but the 1.6 is king on my phone.

WishRyder

Reaction score
I was a diehard Chevy ULV fan for a looooong time.

Slayher 1.6 hated my phone. Terrbile battery life, high heat, and unstable at most overclocked speeds.

I recently flashed Slayher LFY just to test compcache. Needless to say, I'm now a Slayher LFY + Compcache fan.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those who are running Slayhers kernels in UD 2.3.0 where did u download the kernel from? rom manager? or other? & has anyone tried running Slayhers LFY kernel (someone had posted a link in another thread) in 2.3.0? Thanks

Froyo Kernels by slayher - CyanogenMod Forum

I down loaded from the above referenced page. I use the Version 1.6 1000Mhz kernel. I've used it since it became available. I've tested most of the other 1.6 kernels and they all performed well for me.

Good luck. :)

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I to tried the LFY slayer kernel installed & worked fine, but one thing that I dont like using slayer kernels, they dont seem to show in set cpu, info tab the where it displays the time spent in each slot of the cpu, as well it does not show the similar info in the market app "android system info" this info can be useful in seeing where ur cpu spends most of its time...as well in system panel it seems to display the clock speed sporadically, sometimes it does & sometimes it does not show the clock speed..so for now im back to chevys kernels as well..

Has anyone tried an alternate Sapphire kernel than what comes with 2.3.0??

They have worked for me in other UD versions but my wifi would never work...thinking of giving those a try in 2.3.0

pierced_droid

Reaction score
I to tried the LFY slayer kernel installed & worked fine, but one thing that I dont like using slayer kernels, they dont seem to show in set cpu, info tab the where it displays the time spent in each slot of the cpu, as well it does not show the similar info in the market app "android system info" this info can be useful in seeing where ur cpu spends most of its time...as well in system panel it seems to display the clock speed sporadically, sometimes it does & sometimes it does not show the clock speed..so for now im back to chevys kernels as well..

Has anyone tried an alternate Sapphire kernel than what comes with 2.3.0??

They have worked for me in other UD versions but my wifi would never work...thinking of giving those a try in 2.3.0

I love JDLFG's Kernels Fast and great battery on 2.3.0

jdlfg kernels v.32.2.5 NEW - CyanogenMod Forum

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Everyone has different result with different kernels.. its a phone hardware thing. Personally, I felt like I was always searching for that special kernel that could get near and dear to my phones heart. Once BD put a slayher kernel in 1.0, my phone's searc for that special kernel ended and it makes sure to let me know when I seperate it from it's soul mate.

Was that corny enough? Still though.. slayer version 6 1000mhz is my phones sweet spot.