Quick question. Where are the wall papers stored?

Casen

Reaction score
Hey all, just upgraded to 2.0 and installed the oreo theme. I have found that I would like to take some of the wallpapers included and use them elsewhere. An example is the widget loker lockscreen background. I want that to be a different oreo wallpaper, but I only have the option of going through the gallery, and no oreo wallpapers are there.
Now, if I long press on the screen, and choose "wallpapers" I get a little menu that says "live" "liberty" "oreo" etc etc wallpapers.
Obviously those are folders stored somewhere on my phone. I would just like to know the route to get to those folders via root explorer.

Sent from my DROIDX

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not going to be able to get to them with root explorer they are stored in the apk u will have to pull the apk from ur phone and then unzip it or decompile it but unzipping is easiet for ur purpose

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
I have been through the .apk for liberty and the download file for oreo... You know where they might be. Like in /system/blah blah?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
Casen

Casen

Reaction score
Ok, after going through and exracting alll kind of stuff, I found a "liberty wallpaper.apk" after exracting that, they were in framework/res/drawable

Sent from my DROIDX

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Glad you found them :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums