End Location of Menu > Wallpaper?

djakrse

Reaction score
I'm using ADW and SD7. When I choose menu soft key > Wallpaper, I get popup options for Gallery, Live wallpapers, ADW Wallpaper gallery, and Wallpaper.

Gallery is about obnoxious anymore because I have so many pictures. It's too slow loading tns and flicking is more like dragging. I'm sure a faster sd would help load tns faster but it won't make this process any easier.

I'd love to be able to use the last Wallpaper option, but I don't know where the pics are stored. It currently has nothing but droid wallpapers. Is this a system app? Are the pics contained within the app?

Is there a simple solution? I'd like to have a wallpapers directory on sdcard that I can place new ones and not have to browse.

TIA

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd love to be able to use the last Wallpaper option, but I don't know where the pics are stored. It currently has nothing but droid wallpapers. Is this a system app? Are the pics contained within the app?

TIA

those are all located within /system/framework/framework-res.apk

not something you can just add pictures too. if you know what your doing you can add to them but your just going to be using up extra space within /system/ and i would advise not doing that.

OP
djakrse

djakrse

Reaction score
Well that's what I was afraid of and the reason I don't want to go that route. I want them on my SD and I will be updating it every so often.

Is that a stock app or one that was modified for the rom? The ADW Wallpaper gallery has the exact same interface I've noticed and only contains one ADW background. I love this interface for ease of use, but I can't add my own material to it.

I'd almost be willing to add a 3rd party gallery replacement again, but there's too much clutter just to change wallpaper as it is.

I've liked the froyo Gallery app okay but it's wastefully designed for show and not performance. It's waaay too slow when you want to access pictures. I never review pictures until I'm done taking them, because of it. Now it's really starting to get on my nerves that I can't just choose a damn picture for my background without going through it. On the plus side, it's cake for cropping a larger pick to the right dimensions and then auto-scaling to fit (but then that was pre-android 2.2). </b!tchin>