Saving wallpaper.

sniper6

Reaction score
I hope I'm in the right forum for this and if not, my apologies ahead of time. I was surfing around on the net and found a pic I wanted for wallpaper. I long pressed and selected "set as" and it worked as should. I didn't however "download" the pic to my gallery and I can't seem to find it anywhere on the net now. My question is, is there anyway to save my current wallpaper to my gallery? I'd like to try another wallpaper but I don't want to lose the one i have now. Where is it currently located? Thanks in advance!

Sniper6

Reaction score
Check your gallery if its there unless you delete it it will always be there

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
sniper6

sniper6

Reaction score
That's what I thought but it's not there. It's still up as wallpaper but not in my gallery.

Reaction score
Ok the I think that you did not save it only set it as your wallpaper. Doinb that does not save it. I've done the same thing.

The_Rick_14

Reaction score
Yea when you just do set as, it just stores that image somewhere and writes over it when you select a new wallpaper. Unfortunately, I don't have my Droid3 yet (it is "In Transit":)) so I can't look around to try to find it for you.

I would suggest connecting your phone to a PC and digging through the folders, but that may be of no use if it's stored somewhere locally that's inaccessible without root.

OP
sniper6

sniper6

Reaction score
Good idea! I'll try that. Thanks! If I find it I'll let you know where.

graniteguy

Reaction score
Saving Wallpaper

On the Droid 3 hold your finger down and the pop up screen has the option to save. This will save it to your gallery. Then go into wallpaper from the home screen and it should be in there.