Wallpaper Set But Not Saved

starship.trooper

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the Droid and this forum.

I found a great wallpaper in the free Backgrounds app in Android Market (favorite by far I've ever seen) and set it in the app as my wallpaper. I wanted to look at its name so I could search for it for my blackberry as well, but when I went back into the Backgrounds app several days later, it was no longer there (strange?).

So I tried to find it in my phone's memory, but I can't find it there either. I apparently only set it as my wallpaper and did not save it. (The app gives you both options.) It isn't in the gallery or anywhere else on the SD card I can find. Obviously, the image has to be somewhere in the phone's memory, but I just can't find it.

I downloaded a couple of file managers and searched for jps, but didn't find the wallpaper. I assume these apps are not searching parts of the internal memory that are by design hidden from us non-techies.

I would like to be able to find the wallpaper and "save" it in case I ever lose it or have to reset. Does anyone have any advice for a non-techie?

Btw, I did find a couple of versions of the same wallpaper on fondos10.net (?) (amazing what you can do with Google Goggles and two camera phones), but they don't appear to be for droid.

Shaneathan

Reaction score
I posted about the exact same problem. Tried to email the developer and didn't get a response.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Enter:

The wallpaper can't be found on the application anymore.

This is a long-shot, because I haven't used that app since I had my G1, but check your favorites. I think it adds them there if you set them as a wallpaper. If nothing else, it's a good idea to add a background to your favorites so you can find it again easily. I used to do that with a few at a time that I liked, so if I changed my mind, it was easy to find another that I liked.

OP
S

starship.trooper

Reaction score
Shanethan is correct. It isn't in the Backgrounds app anymore. No idea why it was removed. Maybe copyright?

In any event, it also isn't in the droid's backgrounds folder or my favorites in the app. The Backgrounds app gives you four choices: set wallpaper, set contact, set favorite, and save.

If you only choose set wallpaper, you see it as your wallpaper but can't find the image file anywhere. Frustrating.