1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Wallpaper Set But Not Saved

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by starship.trooper, Jan 31, 2010.

1. starship.trooper

starship.trooper New Member

Hi, I'm new to the Droid and this forum.

I found a great wallpaper in the free Backgrounds app in Android Market (favorite by far I've ever seen) and set it in the app as my wallpaper. I wanted to look at its name so I could search for it for my blackberry as well, but when I went back into the Backgrounds app several days later, it was no longer there (strange?).

So I tried to find it in my phone's memory, but I can't find it there either. I apparently only set it as my wallpaper and did not save it. (The app gives you both options.) It isn't in the gallery or anywhere else on the SD card I can find. Obviously, the image has to be somewhere in the phone's memory, but I just can't find it.

I downloaded a couple of file managers and searched for jps, but didn't find the wallpaper. I assume these apps are not searching parts of the internal memory that are by design hidden from us non-techies.

I would like to be able to find the wallpaper and "save" it in case I ever lose it or have to reset. Does anyone have any advice for a non-techie?

Btw, I did find a couple of versions of the same wallpaper on fondos10.net (?) (amazing what you can do with Google Goggles and two camera phones), but they don't appear to be for droid.
  2. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

I posted about the exact same problem. Tried to email the developer and didn't get a response.
  3. Enter

Enter New Member

From the app- select the wallpaper--longpress---save. Done.
  4. Shaneathan

Shaneathan New Member

Enter:

The wallpaper can't be found on the application anymore.
  5. Enter

Enter New Member

Oh and it will save it in a Backgrounds folder.
  6. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

This is a long-shot, because I haven't used that app since I had my G1, but check your favorites. I think it adds them there if you set them as a wallpaper. If nothing else, it's a good idea to add a background to your favorites so you can find it again easily. I used to do that with a few at a time that I liked, so if I changed my mind, it was easy to find another that I liked.
  7. starship.trooper

starship.trooper New Member

Shanethan is correct. It isn't in the Backgrounds app anymore. No idea why it was removed. Maybe copyright?

In any event, it also isn't in the droid's backgrounds folder or my favorites in the app. The Backgrounds app gives you four choices: set wallpaper, set contact, set favorite, and save.

If you only choose set wallpaper, you see it as your wallpaper but can't find the image file anywhere. Frustrating.
Search tags for this page
android wallpaer not saving

android wallpaper not saving

background picture on android is not saved
blackberry not saving the wallpaper
how to retrieve a pivture saved as a wallpaper but not saved
how to save a backround that was not not saved
how to save current wallpaper as a new image file
how to save currently set wallpaper
how to save your current android wallpaper
save current wallpaper blackberry
wallpaper not saved, how to find it on phone