Where's wallpaper stored?

JRogers1978

Reaction score
I'm using a wallpaper I got from the Backgrounds app. My problem is that I never chose Save, only Set as Wallpaper. I can't find the pic in my Gallery or under Wallpapers. I now want to change my wallpaper but I don't want to lose this wallpaper as I really like it. Plus, I already can't find it on the Backgrounds app anymore so I'm hoping there's some way I can copy it via Astro from where it's currently stored.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

butch350

Reaction score
I'm using a wallpaper I got from the Backgrounds app. My problem is that I never chose Save, only Set as Wallpaper. I can't find the pic in my Gallery or under Wallpapers. I now want to change my wallpaper but I don't want to lose this wallpaper as I really like it. Plus, I already can't find it on the Backgrounds app anymore so I'm hoping there's some way I can copy it via Astro from where it's currently stored.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Menu, wallpaper or long touch home screen.

sc4fpse

Reaction score

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Menu, wallpaper or long touch home screen.

Not what he was asking.

I'm wondering about this myself. I lost a wallpaper the other week that I really liked. Couldn't figure out where it was stored. x_X

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you rooted? If not, did you mount the Droid and check the download folder or one named the same thing as the site you got them from?

If you're rooted, they're hiding in the .apk of the Launcher file. (In the drawable-hdpi folder, to be a little more specific.)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
If you are using an app, its most likely storing it in a folder on your sd card.

OP
JRogers1978

JRogers1978

Reaction score
Are you rooted? If not, did you mount the Droid and check the download folder or one named the same thing as the site you got them from?

If you're rooted, they're hiding in the .apk of the Launcher file. (In the drawable-hdpi folder, to be a little more specific.)

Yes, I am rooted and I looked where you said and they're not there. The only thing there was the wallpapers I see when I long press my screen and choose wallpapers.

artc33

Reaction score

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
it's really tricky the way our droids work, i "lost" a bunch of pics i took with my camera and i was so f-ing mad because they were from a job i did. After maybe a couple of weeks, i was trying a different launcher and voila, there they were...
If you want an easy way to have wallpapers try this:

-on your browser, on images, type a color, brand, texture, wood type...etc.
-looking at images, long press on the one you like.
-save image.

this images are then saved onto a downloads folder in your gallery, you can now set this as wallpapers, it works for me.

starship.trooper

Reaction score
Have the exact same problem and posted the question a month or two ago. Set a wallpaper from Backgrounds that is my favorite ever, but didn't download it, and it disappeared from the Backgrounds app, so I can't download now. And I'm not rooted.

Somewhere I saw a comment that the wallpaper you have set is in something called framework-res.apk, but I have no idea what to do with that. I have several file managers downloaded and can find that file, but I don't know where to go from there. I've tried using the file managers to search for images, and no luck there.

Very lame of the developers to make things this complicated and opaque.