Quick Poll: Which Smartphone Display Size is Perfect for You

Which is the perfect smartphone display size for you?

• 4" to 4.7"

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • 5" to 5.2"

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • 5.5" to 6+"

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
LL.jpg

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I want to say that 5.5" is the perfect screen size for me, but my i6 Plus defies that. It's simply too ginormous of a phone for the screen size. LG nailed that size imo by squeezing it into a tiny chasis.

My Note Edge has a bigger screen, is easier to hold, and one handed mode is far better than the iOS Reachability equivalent.

So I guess, for me, it would have to be 5.2" if you factor in the surrounding housing.

I like the large screen real estate. Home buttons, big bezels, and then the added bulk that cases bring the larger screens are getting out of hand.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Around 5.5" is a good spot for me but it's mostly because of fat fingers and bad eyes. It isn't that I can't use a smaller screen, it just becomes more difficult as I get older.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
My eyes prefer 5.5+. My hands prefer the 5.2 and ergonomics of the G2. My eyes won the argument.

That's probably the best justification analysis for the size difference preferences in our age group that I've heard yet.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Right now my 1st gen Moto X is the perfect size for me. The 4.7" screen is a nice size. My wife's DNA isn't too bad. I could get used to that if I had to but I don't really want to go bigger. Unfortunately I may not have a choice with the phones getting larger and larger every day. I'll have to see what's out there when the time comes.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's probably the best justification analysis for the size difference preferences in our age group that I've heard yet.
I used to carry a tablet tethered to my phone but not anymore.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I used to carry a tablet tethered to my phone but not anymore.
I have done this in the past. If my Turbo achieves root I'll be doing it again real soon! Only thing is will we be able to hack the hotspot? And if not, will one of the software solutions work once rooted?

I hope for hotspot hack. That's really all I want root for now, other than maybe killing adware.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have done this in the past. If my Turbo achieves root I'll be doing it again real soon! Only thing is will we be able to hack the hotspot? And if not, will one of the software solutions work once rooted?

I hope for hotspot hack. That's really all I want root for now, other than maybe killing adware.
Foxfi doesn't work on the Turbo? That's what I used.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
5.5 - 6

I have to say that before picking up the Nexus 6 I would have sworn 5 - 5.2 was perfect. However, after just a couple of hours with the 6, I must say it felt extremely comfortable and natural in my hands. That's probably also due to the fact that even with the S4, I generally use two hands anyway, and the things I've wanted to do with one a pretty much within reach. All hands are different though.