Android's Best Phone of Next Year (2015) Poll

Which of these potential Android devices will be the best smartphone of 2015?

• Google Nexus 5 (2015)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Google Nexus 6 (2015)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • HTC One M9

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • LG G4

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Motorola Moto X 2015

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Motorola Droid (something) for 2015

• OnePlus Two

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Samsung Galaxy S6

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 5

• Sony Xperia Z4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Unnamed/Unknown Device

• Total voters

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
What about Project Ara? Are they releasing next year?

project-ara-theverge-2_1020.jpg

And we have yet to see the Edge that flows from the bottom of the phone that Samsung expo'd alongside the current Edge. S6 maybe?

5464_samsung-curved-02.jpg

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This might lead me to ditch the Droid Turbo in less than a year:
Double Folding Samsung Tablets May Appear In 2015
"Samsung may start to produce 8/9-inch tablets that can be folded two times into a 4/5-inch smartphone, having seen the potential in combining the best of both worlds."

Properly executed, this phone would be GOAT. Although if there are visible gaps between the displays, it will fail. Imagine using it only as a smartphone, but one that has a standard 8-9" tablet battery! My unlimited data plan is in love...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have to go with HTC's M9. Followed by the G4 and S6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have to go with HTC's M9. Followed by the G4 and S6
Agreed.
M9, best skin over native to go along with an excellent build.
G4, least bloated and a close second in skin over native and equal build to M9.
S6, because their are more Ssheep now than iSheep.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Motorola will do something amazing with the Nexus 6 body and create a phablet to rival the Note.
What separates the Notes from all other phablets is the s pen and how Samsung bloatware apps makes it so much more useful. I'm not sure if it ever came to fruition but earlier in the year there was a thread about a possible stylus edition of the G3 . If Moto does the same it'll be a cool feature but I wonder how much of a difference it'll make in sales.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Im going with other because I think one of the major manufacturers (moto,htc, lg, sammy, apple) will try something bold this year that may catch on. Now Sammy is the company most likely to try something bold and new like they did with the alpha and the edge. And despite how I feel about touchwiz I respect Samsung's willingness to go for the big swing knowing they could whiff. But hey they connected on a few (Note phones). One+ will learn from their failures last year and will make great strides and providing better support and availability because they are on the verge of really stepping up. Also we can not forget the budget phones as we are seeing them on the rise. Also a nice budget phone and software combo seems to be BLU with windows 8.

As more people adopt smartphones we will see a rise in better budget smartphones.
That BLU handset is really really nice. I demo'd one a couple weeks ago and came away very impressed. For a budget phone it performed flawlessly

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Although you all know I'm a Moto fanboy, and the Turbo and Nexus 6, as well as the Moto X2 are really spectacular phones all in their own rights, I'm real curious to see what LG has to offer next year, and am definitely also looking to see more of the flexible screen feature incorporated into phones, not just bent displays but actual bendable ones.

If I had to pick a phone for 2014, yeah, it's the Turbo. I'm not a TW fan, although the Note series are spectacular. If the Note 4 were phone sized (to imply it's too big as a phone and more a tablet IMHO), I might have gone that way. Problem for me is the one 3 month bad experience I had with the SGS4 left a bitter taste in my mouth.

But I REALLY want to see the Ara project phone. That would be awesome if they use or at least have as part of the selection top shelf modules in each category.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I wonder how the manufacturer's feel about Project Ara. It has the potential to cannibalize Android smartphone sales if the idea takes off. Yes, the manufacturers can make some of the pieces but it won't be profitable for them.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I wonder how the manufacturer's feel about Project Ara. It has the potential to cannibalize Android smartphone sales if the idea takes off. Yes, the manufacturers can make some of the pieces but it won't be profitable for them.

I was wondering the same thing. When a huge OEM buys individual parts by the millions it comes at a huge cost cut.

I'm sure people will balk at having to pay a lot of money for a better camera module.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score

Really interesting point. It will shake things up, but in many respects will breathe new life into a market that is quickly becoming commoditized.

You come out with a new phone, and you KNOW it can only capture a percentage of a small segment of the market. If this thing takes off, someone like Sony can dominate the camera market (which would yield substantial economies of scale). While someone like Samsung could dominate memory and processors.

And ultimately this may just be Google's way of pushing everyone to a la carte/customizable phones.

Plus, we know cross-compatibility will be virtually non-existent, so when you want to upgrade a component you're going to end up upgrading all of them.