DroidForums Smartphone Favorite Brand Super-Poll!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 17, 2015.

?

What is your favorite brand of smartphone? (We gave you the option to pick 2)

1. LG

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  2. Motorola

34 vote(s)
    61.8%
  3. Samsung

11 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Google (Nexus)

12 vote(s)
    21.8%
  5. Lenovo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Huawei

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. OnePlus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. HTC

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  9. Apple

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  10. Blackberry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Microsoft/Nokia

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
  12. Meizu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Sony

3 vote(s)
    5.5%
  14. Xiaomi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. ZTE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  16. Jolla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  17. Amazon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  18. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,254
    [​IMG]

Here's a fun DroidForums poll to kick off your work week! The mobile industry evolves so fast that brand popularity rises and falls like leaves blowing in the wind. While some tend to hover at the top, that doesn't mean other brands aren't viable. We know you folks have a wide variety of tastes.

To that end, we want to know what you like! Below is a smartphone favorite brand poll. We have included every brand we could think of, but not necessarily every brand that exists. Vote and discuss!

What is your favorite brand of smartphone? Here's the list in no particular order. Also, we are giving you the option to choose two, just in case you have trouble deciding.
    1. LG
    2. Motorola
    3. Samsung
    4. Google (Nexus)
    5. Lenovo
    6. Huawei
    7. OnePlus
    8. HTC
    9. Apple
    10. Blackberry
    11. Microsoft/Nokia
    12. Meizu
    13. Sony
    14. Xiaomi
    15. ZTE
    16. Jolla
    17. Amazon
    18. Other

• Like Like x 1
  2. wicked

wicked Administrator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,729
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    @MikeAlvez
    Voted Sony.

• Like Like x 2
  3. pc747

pc747 Administrator
    Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +6,142
    Nexus line for me. Is it the best device every year, no, but it is up to par and continue to be supported longer than other devices. Motorola is a very close second as I am liking the approach they are taking as of late making devices that are useful.

Samsung (to me) has become the yearly paper champ where specs on paper looks like their phones should be the best devices of the year. Samsung put out nice looking devices but the decision to load it up with more features (bloat) and higher resolution screen, yet not increasing battery size, have me feeling like their devices are more suited for people with office jobs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Administrator

Ratings:
    +8,435
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL
    Twitter:
    jonny_ks
    Man. Idk if I can even vote. I've had 3 Samsung devices in a row now. Had at least that many Moto devices before that. But I haven't gotten hands on with at least half of the options here. I'm interested to see how our membership votes here.

Let me take a moment to remind everyone to Please respect others' differing opinions. We're all for open debate and discussion here at Droid Forums, but let's keep it civil when we agree to disagree. :D

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. Powarun

Powarun Member

Ratings:
    +46
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Going with Motorola - their Droid X, Droid Turbo, Moto x and Nexus 6 all swayed me to think their line up is the best. Their build quality is something I personally like and they way their phones have felt always seemed better than the rest.

Next up was HTC, when they are up, they are up and when they are down they are down on innovation, but their Sense GUI is one of the better skins for android, and their build quality of their flagship seems to be up their with Apple.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    Apple.
    LOL, er I mean Samsung, at least through the S5, removable battery and SD card, awesome camera, as stated before great screen. Glass screen is brittle though.

• Like Like x 3
  7. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,142
    APPLE!!! Don't know whether to blame you or the OP for even making that an option. They know we do not tolerate the fruit around here. :D
    [​IMG]
    Wait, I am doing that bashing thing that JK was talking about. Let me calm down...

We love you apple users, and know you are always welcomed here :D, I personally prefer my apple in the form of juice or sauce but we can dig those who like it in the form of a phone.

All joking aside I am curious to see if Apple continues the trend of going the s route and only make minute adjustments. All eyes are on Apple ..at least until we get around to Google showing us the next Nexus devices (officially).

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    LOL, since it was on the list I couldn't resist listing it. For the record I checked Samsung on the pole page.

JK is fun to poke with too, he's all Apple and that's alright. I did just buy an iPhone 6 for my wife, but she's not at all into Android, and I tried, even bought her a Nexus 7, rooted, pure Android, no bloat, but it didn't get used.

On the 6S front, I hope they put out an awesome device, because if they do, Android will have to pull up the big boy design pants and get to work.
    I love the competition of Apple, it only makes Android stronger, Microsoft phones and Blackberry now are of no concern, they are not pushing Android to be better.

• Like Like x 3
  9. cr6

cr6 Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +6,714
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy S7 Edge
    Twitter:
    @dronewolfmedia
    *taps mike*....is this thing on...
    Samsung
    *drops mike and walks off the stage*

S5 tap'n

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    Poor Mike, hope he's not offended by your abuse.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. pc747

pc747 Administrator

Ratings:
    +6,142
    We just joking around. I don't think any of us would have a problem with an Apple user. Especially given the fact I typed that from a Macbook. I root for Apple because having strong competition is better for all of us.

I think that is why HTC (or any manufacturer) can not just get away with being lazy and thinking they going to get by. There are just too many other options out there to put up with a company laying it up and thinking we are going to take it. Look at the past 5 years and look at how the favorite shifts constantly. Either innovate and adapt or we will move on to the company who is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Efin

Efin Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +3,652
    I hadn't played with the wife's iPhone 5 until this weekend, and going through the backup to iTunes and transfer of everything to the new i6 I am beginning to know them better, and being that I really only use a handful of apps these days, and have 2 Android tablets, I could see playing with it longer.
    I Still dislike the one "Home" button. BACK is so very nice, but maybe Apple might learn that it's nice to have...

• Like Like x 1