Questions and comments about the tbolt root video thread

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Tried the CDMA+LTE/EVDO trick and I see no difference in battery.
Live in 3G work in LTE.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
LTE is requiring a lot of power so basically I was suggesting turn your phone into a 3g only phone unless you are ready to use LTE. I used that combined with all the other battery tips and my battery life is good with standard battery, and GREAT with the extended battery.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I get 12-14 hrs with allowing the phone to switch between LTE and 3G

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is there a way to root my tb on mac osx

[video=youtube;Vx00_m7g3rY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx00_m7g3rY]YouTube - How to download TB root files to your Mac[/video]

LC Kidd

Reaction score
hi, i rooted for the first time last night on my new thunderbolt and everything seemed to work perfectly but ever since i rooted it dosen't pick up 4g or even 3g, it only is connected to "1x". I've tried a couple different on/off app tricks and the turning off the mobile network for 30 minutes a couple times, and multiple reboots and all that. i don't really know the extensive technical aspects of rooting and with android phones (my first smartphone even..lol) but from what i've read it sounds like it could possibly be the thunderbolt's "radio", could this be it? and what is even the radio? I did the root that what i believed to be the latest root from android police along with the video walk through. Is there a newer root or maybe a better root to fix this issue?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Is it safe to assume the steps/procedure in the video will work if I got the OTA firmware update? Got the device and was taking it for a "test drive" and less then 24 hours in I got the OTA

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You got it bro, it's really not as bad as it seems, mostly copying and pasting

The Stig 04

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P (VZ) & S7 Edge (TMO)
hey guys I'm wondering which way you recomend rooting the thunderbolt. The "hard" manual way in which natemil made in two videos. Or the "easy" revolutionary way?

Cooly

Reaction score
what happened to the videos? it says they've been pulled.

what happened to the videos?