Pardon my ignorance...

SCARIOUS

Reaction score
I am trying to root my thunderbolt, but before I begin I had a couple of questions:

1. Does this method (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/th...ooting-tbolt-through-adb-step-step-video.html) erase all of my contacts and everything I have downloaded already? Is this the easiest method or should I use the "oneclick" method?

2. Also, I try to open Verizon V Cast Media Manager it freezes, is this the only way I can backup my contacts? I had to manually input half of my contacts and would not like to do this again.

Thanks

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
No prob I just realized that my post seemed alittle harsh mentioned to say "do u have" not

Sent from RubiX Focused DX 2.0

turdbogls

Reaction score
rooting will erase all your data (apps and contacts ect.) however they are all backed up with your google account. sign in, and your paid apps will be thre, the others will probably download automatically, contacts will sync, calendar will sync and g-mail will sync automatically.

i used the "one click" method the other day and it worked great. just make sure you use the HTC USB cable as i was having issues with an LG one. but once i switched to the HTC cable, it worked well and i was done within a half an hour or so.
[Auto] Root and Unroot (Windows)**Updated**5/20** w/MR1 update - Android Forums