Question about Backup's...

Reaction score
Ok so i have had you guys help in the past few weeks and am very thankful to have such a great tool like DF.net to help me learn the ins and outs of my droid. So here is my question and probably has been asked before..idk.. When you install a new ROM its best to wipe and install.. so now that i have made all my backups of my stock Inc setup and install a new ROM. Long story short...i have 3 different setups of 1stock, 2diff custom rom backups. Is it best to wipe before i reinstall a backup??? I have never had a problem just flashing the backup no matter what rom setup it is. But im just wondering..Is It best to wipe before i run the backup from my ROM manager??

NattyBee

Reaction score
Ok so i have had you guys help in the past few weeks and am very thankful to have such a great tool like DF.net to help me learn the ins and outs of my droid. So here is my question and probably has been asked before..idk.. When you install a new ROM its best to wipe and install.. so now that i have made all my backups of my stock Inc setup and install a new ROM. Long story short...i have 3 different setups of 1stock, 2diff custom rom backups. Is it best to wipe before i reinstall a backup??? I have never had a problem just flashing the backup no matter what rom setup it is. But im just wondering..Is It best to wipe before i run the backup from my ROM manager??

I would suggest wiping before restoring a backup... I always do. ;)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score

Ok cool i havent and it has worked fine but thats what i was asking for i diddnt want to cause any unnecessary files to cause a malfunction some how.. Thank you for your opinion..

masully1984

Reaction score

Ok cool i havent and it has worked fine but thats what i was asking for i diddnt want to cause any unnecessary files to cause a malfunction some how.. Thank you for your opinion..

It doesnt hurt to wipe but I don't do it and I have no problems restoring a backup without wiping. Been doing that for months now. Try it out yourself and see.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It is always best to wipe before installing a ROM or backup.

masully1984

Reaction score
Wipe before flashing a ROM yes but for the Incredible wiping before restoring isn't needed. You think I'd come on here and give the guy bad advice and possibly lead him to ruin a phone? Don't knock it till you try it.

CM7 nightly

Last edited:

jr313

Reaction score
Ive never wiped before restoring a backup and havent ran into any problems but i always do before a new rom install...but the choice is yours..

Sent from the back seat of your car! look in your rearview...