Punctuation being Auto-Corrected?

Amber2

Reaction score
Hello!

When typing a message, my phone autocorrects the punctuation I type. If I am trying to type a sentence reading "It costs $20", it autocorrects the sentence to "It costs$ 20". Any symbol I type gets moved back to the last word I typed.

A sentence reading:
It is "cool"
gets changed to:
It is" cool"

I've checked my settings and auto-punctuate and auto-correct are turned off. I am using the physical keyboard.

Is there any way to disable this feature?

Thanks so much!

Barristro

Reaction score
Sadly, no ideas; only an observation.

If you try to type the following;
It is "cool"

you get;
It is" cool"

If you type
It is "<backspace x2><space>"cool", it works.

I do not know why it force-corrects once, then decides that you know what you are doing after.

solar

Reaction score
Thats odd. I don't have that happen when I try typing: It is "Cool"
It just shows up the way I typed it using the physical keyboard. I wonder if anyone else is having that issue. I don' believe i've changed any settings for auto correct.

OP
A

Amber2

Reaction score
Thanks for reporting it! Hope it gets fixed! :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ya it's super annoying, and it makes me want to not punctuate my sentances except I don't like looking stupid.

baylorbear93

Reaction score
By the way... I know that the majority of complaints I've read about this refer to the D2 and the physical keyboard, but this happens on my DroidX as well, and I don't have a physical keyboard.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its not the keyboard, its either moto or androids native puntuation thingy (not sure what to call it) I have heard complaints accross the board.

tappin and a talkin

okspam

Reaction score
Interesting to hear it's also on the DroidX. But I'm totally amazed that they have not resolved this glaring problem for so long. I find it extremely annoying especially since I use my phone extensively to type messages for both business and personal emails and text messaging.

It would be very easy for the Moto (or Google?) developers to reproduce and I'm sure the fix would be simple as well.

Oy vey!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its a google thing I think. I used the new gingerbread keyboard for a while and it was the same thing there so unless it gets fixed before it gets officially released I think we'll be dealing with it for a while :/

tappin and a talkin