Pulled the trigger...

etx_droid

Reaction score
...on the Incredible 2! I was trying to hold off for the D3 or possibly and LTE device, but couldn't wait any longer. My OG has been having some serious issues that I just couldn't ignore any longer.

I was able to get the incredible 2 for $24.99 from Wirefly. Now they just have to wait for Verizon to approve of everything...which I hope they do.

The RAM, speed, and surprisingly the build quality is what made my decision. It's basically a TB without 4G. The screen is great quality as well, much better than the X2. But MAN...that Droid Charge screen is BEAUTIFUL!!

theHQ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
You won't be sorry.... this phone rocks ! :icon_ banana:

Samurai26

Reaction score
How much RAM is on that beast? 1gb? Anyway, that phone has gotten nothing but praise from my friend, whose DINC2 is his first Android phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Well, Verizon has canceled the order and said I'm not eligible for an upgrade. Pretty pissed right now. My OG is about unusable and this was my best bet. I'll be talking with Verizon in the morning...

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
How much RAM is on that beast? 1gb? Anyway, that phone has gotten nothing but praise from my friend, whose DINC2 is his first Android phone

It's a great device! Definitely a sleeper!

Samurai26

Reaction score
Well are you eligible?

Yeah, 768mb is an offbeat number but it's a pretty large amount for a mobile device. Def a sleeper pick

I'm sorry your OG Droid is dying, I just reinvigorated mine with CM7 and Chevy's kernels today

MisterBill

Reaction score
Well, Verizon has canceled the order and said I'm not eligible for an upgrade. Pretty pissed right now. My OG is about unusable and this was my best bet. I'll be talking with Verizon in the morning...
Had you run the update checker on the Wirefly website? If so, did it claim you were eligible? When is your contract up? My daughter's contract is not up yet but she is eligible for NE2 as of a couple of weeks ago, and all websites I have checked have shown her as upgrade eligible.

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Well are you eligible?

Yeah, 768mb is an offbeat number but it's a pretty large amount for a mobile device. Def a sleeper pick

I'm sorry your OG Droid is dying, I just reinvigorated mine with CM7 and Chevy's kernels today

Wirefly said I was, but looking on Verizon it's just for a discount, not the full upgrade. I'll see what they say tomorrow and hopefully they'll work with me. Yeah I'll be pushing a different kernel to my OG and wiping to see if it helps.

MisterBill

Reaction score
Just checked on Wirefly and my order was approved by Verizon. Also, the price is back up to $79.99 today (for new and renewals).

Last edited:

MisterBill

Reaction score
It's a great device! Definitely a sleeper!
When I was at the VZW store yesterday I asked about it, and the salesperson was saying "you should get a 4G phone instead". And I can see that they are not going to sell a lot of them at $200 when you can get a 4G phone for not much more. I told her I was going to buy it for $25 online and she agreed at that price it was worth getting.

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Just checked on Wirefly and my order was approved by Verizon. Also, the price is back up to $79.99 today (for new and renewals).

Congrats my friend! And I figured the price would jump back up...thanks for screwing me Big Red!!

summit21

Reaction score
Well I was also able to get in on the deal w/ 1 hour left last night, Incr. 2 free. Still pending Verizon appproval this a.m. I finally decided that I can wait on 4G. ATT made my decision both difficult and easy. It is my wifes line that was eligible for upgrade, and they said if I cancel we she will have to change her number to my line. That was the nail in the coffin for me, screw you ATT.

MisterBill

Reaction score
BTW for anyone curious about where they ship from they told me on FB that it's Largo, MD. That means next day delivery for me in NY, without paying an extra $7.99 for 2 day shipping.

summit21

Reaction score
BTW for anyone curious about where they ship from they told me on FB that it's Largo, MD. That means next day delivery for me in NY, without paying an extra $7.99 for 2 day shipping.
I paid the 8 bucks since the phone was free. I am in Colorado so it likely would have been 2 days.