1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pulled the trigger...

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by etx_droid, May 30, 2011.

1. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

...on the Incredible 2! I was trying to hold off for the D3 or possibly and LTE device, but couldn't wait any longer. My OG has been having some serious issues that I just couldn't ignore any longer.

I was able to get the incredible 2 for $24.99 from Wirefly. Now they just have to wait for Verizon to approve of everything...which I hope they do.

The RAM, speed, and surprisingly the build quality is what made my decision. It's basically a TB without 4G. The screen is great quality as well, much better than the X2. But MAN...that Droid Charge screen is BEAUTIFUL!!
  2. theHQ

theHQ New Member

You won't be sorry.... this phone rocks ! :icon_ banana:
  3. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

Yeah me too...
  4. Samurai26

Samurai26 New Member

How much RAM is on that beast? 1gb? Anyway, that phone has gotten nothing but praise from my friend, whose DINC2 is his first Android phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Well, Verizon has canceled the order and said I'm not eligible for an upgrade. Pretty pissed right now. My OG is about unusable and this was my best bet. I'll be talking with Verizon in the morning...
  6. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

It's a great device! Definitely a sleeper!
  7. Samurai26

Samurai26 New Member

Well are you eligible?

Yeah, 768mb is an offbeat number but it's a pretty large amount for a mobile device. Def a sleeper pick

I'm sorry your OG Droid is dying, I just reinvigorated mine with CM7 and Chevy's kernels today

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

Had you run the update checker on the Wirefly website? If so, did it claim you were eligible? When is your contract up? My daughter's contract is not up yet but she is eligible for NE2 as of a couple of weeks ago, and all websites I have checked have shown her as upgrade eligible.
  9. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Wirefly said I was, but looking on Verizon it's just for a discount, not the full upgrade. I'll see what they say tomorrow and hopefully they'll work with me. Yeah I'll be pushing a different kernel to my OG and wiping to see if it helps.
  10. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

Just checked on Wirefly and my order was approved by Verizon. Also, the price is back up to $79.99 today (for new and renewals).
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
  11. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

When I was at the VZW store yesterday I asked about it, and the salesperson was saying "you should get a 4G phone instead". And I can see that they are not going to sell a lot of them at $200 when you can get a 4G phone for not much more. I told her I was going to buy it for $25 online and she agreed at that price it was worth getting.
  12. etx_droid

etx_droid New Member

Congrats my friend! And I figured the price would jump back up...thanks for screwing me Big Red!!
  13. summit21

summit21 New Member

Well I was also able to get in on the deal w/ 1 hour left last night, Incr. 2 free. Still pending Verizon appproval this a.m. I finally decided that I can wait on 4G. ATT made my decision both difficult and easy. It is my wifes line that was eligible for upgrade, and they said if I cancel we she will have to change her number to my line. That was the nail in the coffin for me, screw you ATT.
  14. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

BTW for anyone curious about where they ship from they told me on FB that it's Largo, MD. That means next day delivery for me in NY, without paying an extra $7.99 for 2 day shipping.
  15. summit21

summit21 New Member

I paid the 8 bucks since the phone was free. I am in Colorado so it likely would have been 2 days.
  16. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

Yeah, for Colorado it was worth it. If I had looked at their "About" page and seen that they were in California (which is where Amazon shipped my wife's phone from), I might have spent the $7.99 as well. My order is now in "shipping" so I assume it will be shipped today and delivered tomorrow. I may try to call Fedex once I have the tracking # and see if they can hold it at the depot since I will be nearby tomorrow and do not want to take a chance with someone being home to sign for it.
  17. summit21

summit21 New Member

Verizon approved mine it is now being processed to ship. It is weird they gave me a Denver area code (303) number and I live in the Co. springs area code (719). Will it affect my 6mos provision w/ wirefly if I get Verizon to change my number?
  18. MisterBill

MisterBill New Member

So, I got a tracking number and it is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. I called Fedex and arranged to have it held at the local depot for me since I will be nearby and do not want to risk someone not being home to sign for it. But what's strange is that the Fedex rep told me that it was shipped WITHOUT a signature requirement, which is not what Wirefly told me would happen (also strange is that Fedex tracking claimed it was Fedex Home Delivery but the woman on the phone told me it was normal Fedex Ground). In any event, I decided to have it held anyway so it won't have to sit on my porch until someone comes home, plus I get to play with it a little earlier. Apparently Wirefly will have it enabled the day after delivery is scheduled (i.e., Thursday). Not sure if that can be moved up or not.
  19. happycamper515

happycamper515 New Member

Glad I pulled the trigger too and got my two Dinc2s for free. Order has shipped and I'll have them Thursday. I paid the $8 for 2nd-day air.
  20. Wirefly

Wirefly New Member

Can you PM me your order number? It doesnt make sense that we would show you as eligible and then have VZW say you arent. I would like to review your order and see if there is anything that we can do for you.