PSX4Droid => General Discussion

thevegasbomb

Reaction score
This is not working for me whatso ever. I have it downloaded and ran it and all it does is try to play the game and go back to the ROM selection screen. I am using InsaneNemesis 1.3, I even switched from CM for this. I have no idea what the problem is. It runs on PCSX on my laptop, bit not my phone.

same exact thing!...very frustrated, whole day dedicated to nothing...

psilentscream

Reaction score
Every time i try to open rom files in this emulator, the screen goes black for a second and then slides back to the rom screen. ive tried this on Stock froyo, cyanogen mod 6.0 rc 2 and SimplyStunning 4.5. All give the same result. ive also tried it with several different roms, some of which others have reported working. Does anyone have an idea about whats going on?

thevegasbomb

Reaction score
is there any way possible we can get a video of anyones psxdroid working...like a tutorial from what files you pull and make these roms work...or am I just getting bad roms..
capcom vs. snk
darkstalkers 3
gundam assault 2
digimon world 3

..if a video could be made with one of these games would be awesome!!!
but if not just a video to show me exactly what to do would be cool!

droid:insanely clean orange

smokecombs

Reaction score
is there any way possible we can get a video of anyones psxdroid working...like a tutorial from what files you pull and make these roms work...or am I just getting bad roms..
capcom vs. snk
darkstalkers 3
gundam assault 2
digimon world 3

..if a video could be made with one of these games would be awesome!!!
but if not just a video to show me exactly what to do would be cool!

droid:insanely clean orange
There are several videos of the program working. I do think it would be a good idea if someone did a big tutorial about how to get a rom on and working. I'm not great at this stuff but mine is working, if I have time tomorrow and someone doesn't beat me to it I will try and do a tutorial. It's like 2a.m. here now and I'm about to hit the sack. Hit me with a PM if you don't find a tutorial and you still want me to do one, I'm not sure I'll be home tomorrow during the day but should be at some point tomorrow night. The program does work though, quite well for certain games. I am mainly downloading and running more obscure fighting games, lots from Japan and stuff that weren't available here in the states. Of course ripped some of my own PS1 games as well.

Oh, and the EBOOT files for PS1 games are by far the most reliable that I have found to work on this emulator, just like the great guy that did one of the reviews here on this site.

Mawnee

Reaction score
Every time i try to open rom files in this emulator, the screen goes black for a second and then slides back to the rom screen. ive tried this on Stock froyo, cyanogen mod 6.0 rc 2 and SimplyStunning 4.5. All give the same result. ive also tried it with several different roms, some of which others have reported working. Does anyone have an idea about whats going on?

I had the same issue whne I accidently deleted the psx bios without realizing it. Double check to make sure the bios is in the right place or if so maybe try another bios.

biggles

Reaction score
So, to run psx4droid, it sounds like 1 ghz will run many of the games at full speed. And we are hoping for future optimizations in the program to run other games at full speed. Just asking for us droid owners who are overclocking so we know how far we need to push our phones to get this to work correctly.

omegadown3

Reaction score
Does anyone have problems with Vagrant Story? Enemies won't attack me in this game. Not sure if it's a problem with psx4droid or the rom?

Same exact thing here. Tried 3 different ROMs all with this same issue. Really frustrating, this is my favorite PS game.

kevenz

Reaction score
psx4droid really needs speed improvement.... even at 1ghz, most games are slow.

biggles

Reaction score

Without sound, do the games run at full speed? If so, then the devs just need to optimize the sound emulation.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not working for me whatso ever. I have it downloaded and ran it and all it does is try to play the game and go back to the ROM selection screen. I am using InsaneNemesis 1.3, I even switched from CM for this. I have no idea what the problem is. It runs on PCSX on my laptop, bit not my phone.

same exact thing!...very frustrated, whole day dedicated to nothing...

have you tried the Market fix? worked for me on CM6 RC2

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/team-chaos/49974-market-update-fix-froyo-leaked-version-2-a.html

jeremysfilms

Reaction score
trying to speed up gameplay

Hey I have the Moto Droid running stocked android 2.1

I have no problem getting the games to run with psx4droid, but my issue is actually playing the games. It lags like crazy and the sound is so choppy its almost impossible to make out anything. Response to controls is ridiculously slow and the entire movement in the game is super slow. I tried messing with the framerate but it didn't change anything.

Can someone please tell me how to get it to run properly or point me to a tutorial?

kevenz

Reaction score

Without sound, do the games run at full speed? If so, then the devs just need to optimize the sound emulation.

I tried turning sound on and off and I get the exact same speed.

I guess even turned off..... the sound emulation is still being processed, it's just a mute button basically.

Darkside86

Reaction score
first post here. yay! hate for it to be a pesky question,

But I put the unecm.exe on my desktop and put a .data.bin.ecm file into it and it extracts, but I have no idea where it extracts to. Any ideas?

Last edited: