PSX4Droid => General Discussion

Big Lou

Reaction score
a few days ago I rooted my droid and installed a 1.2ghz kernel and tried out the emulator and the results are amazing....

So far its been 4 days playing with emulators at 1.2ghz and my droid has not had not ONE freeze up or problems overheating but the speed is incredible. I'm still testing roms so far Resident Evil 2 and Grand Tourismo 2 are fun as hell to play with no video lag what so ever yet the sound does give problems my guess its the emulator. Other than that thanks a million to the devs behind this emulator! dancedroid

Odd. I have CM6.0 overclocked to 1.2Ghz and Gran Turismo is incredibly slow. What settings do you have it on?

kingpg

Reaction score
I'm running bugless beast 2.1 eclair with P3Droid 1.2ghz kernel and I'm running emulators with absolutely 0 video lag!

sent via droid

fritomaster

Reaction score
here's how my sound is.
It sounds perfect in most games :)
The videos blurry and it makes it look laggy but both them games run perfect!.
[video=youtube;jSbVod63fVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSbVod63fVc]YouTube - video-2010-07-28-16-37-19[/video]
Can anyone else confirm there sound is like this?

bobbiedaboo

Reaction score
hey i forgot the name of this cool game
ur like walking trough the jungle with a shotgun and there a naked guys going towards u and if they catch u, they buttrape u

oCASPERo

Reaction score
Hmm..

a few days ago I rooted my droid and installed a 1.2ghz kernel and tried out the emulator and the results are amazing....

So far its been 4 days playing with emulators at 1.2ghz and my droid has not had not ONE freeze up or problems overheating but the speed is incredible. I'm still testing roms so far Resident Evil 2 and Grand Tourismo 2 are fun as hell to play with no video lag what so ever yet the sound does give problems my guess its the emulator. Other than that thanks a million to the devs behind this emulator! dancedroid

Odd. I have CM6.0 overclocked to 1.2Ghz and Gran Turismo is incredibly slow. What settings do you have it on?

I have CM6 RC2 from Pl3x and i cant seem to get PSX to work I DL the Games if their ECM i unECM them then put them into my PSX4Droid file i made and when i get unto my phone and try to load the game up it goes to a black screen then back to the folder anyone else having this problem or know what im doing wrong. TYVM

oCASPERo

Reaction score
Ok so for a test i switched my rom and CM6 RC2 does not work but when i switched to my other rom psx works fine.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

kevenz

Reaction score
do different formats of a game (.bin, pbp, etc. ) have better performance than others? or do they all run the same?

Apparently .pbp is faster than .iso or .bin, but I can't say I've noticed any difference.

Does anyone notice when you use eboot format (pbp) that it takes a second or two longer to boot up?

yeah it takes 1 second or 2 more than usual bin or iso files.... but it's not a big deal :)

neoj2

Reaction score
scaling issue

i just tried the final fantasy from doperoms.com and im having weird scaling issues. i cant get it to stretch to full screen anything other than unspecified orientation and normal scaling moves the game screen off to 1/4 of the picture. anyone one having this issue or is it the rom? im using the .bin file type on UD 4.0 with luna theme. itll run no problem with normal screen its just too small for my taste. hope it gets fixed in the coming updates. other than that, awesome emulator! dancedroid

smokecombs

Reaction score
I can confirm that converting .bin files to .pbp (eboot) works as good as before but the games are 30-40% smaller so it's pretty good....... I'm going to convert all of 'em to save space on my sd card.
So it plays all of the PSX-PSP Eboots from the homebrew scene as well? Awesome.
No, not all PSX-PSP games will work, not at all. A lot will work, probably about half will work at at least 80% but don't quote me on that. I'd say about 70% of the games I have have worked, at least will load up and play. About 50% of that 70% are really, really slow. But it's a great start. The only bad thing is no matter what the files really fill up a memory card, and I've only been putting my fighting games on there, not even started any adventure or sports games yet and I only have 6gig left of my stock Droid X memory card.

Reaction score
Would a playstation 2 wireless controller sync up to this? Contempating home brew droid mount for ps2 controller :icon_evil: