PSX4Droid => General Discussion

Can-O-War

Reaction score
Has any one heard any word on whether the cyanogen mod team is working on a fix for psx4droid?

souperman11

Reaction score
My FF7 game always freezes in the beginning cutscene at the same spot help!!
I'll try my rip of the game and see if it works, but is there any chance you can play past that scene on a computer, then put the memory card file (NOT the save state) on your phone?

EDIT: Also, see if other people running the same ROM as you have similar problems, PSX4Droid seems to have some problems with custom ROMS, like Cyanogen RC2.

EDIT 2: It ran fine on my Droid (Pete's Deodexed FRG01B, ChevyNo1 1.1ghz lowV). I'll attach the savestate from PSX4Droid, it's right after the first cutscene.

Last edited:

Big Lou

Reaction score
Would a playstation 2 wireless controller sync up to this? Contempating home brew droid mount for ps2 controller :icon_evil:

No, not yet. Although I already have a prototype for a dock that connects to a PS3 controller and automatically opens PSX4Droid.

Diordna

Reaction score
I'll try my rip of the game and see if it works, but is there any chance you can play past that scene on a computer, then put the memory card file (NOT the save state) on your phone?

EDIT: Also, see if other people running the same ROM as you have similar problems, PSX4Droid seems to have some problems with custom ROMS, like Cyanogen RC2.

EDIT 2: It ran fine on my Droid (Pete's Deodexed FRG01B, ChevyNo1 1.1ghz lowV). I'll attach the savestate from PSX4Droid, it's right after the first cutscene.
Thank you so much for the help, but it's not working? I'm putting where all my other save states and stuff are. I have a Play Station folder on SD card and that folder has all the games (bin and iso files) AND save states/ png's of the save states.

Before someone tells me no I don't have a psx4droid folder, but that shouldn't matter cause it's where the other save states are it should work right??

OH and yes the PC doe run the emulator just fine. I'm running at 1000 mhz though and it freezes the visuals on the screen at the exact same spot everytime on the droid, idk why.

And finally when I try doing it on PC and save it and stuff it goes to the .mcr file but you can't pull out different saved files out of that so it's weird??

souperman11

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the help, but it's not working? I'm putting where all my other save states and stuff are. I have a Play Station folder on SD card and that folder has all the games (bin and iso files) AND save states/ png's of the save states.

Before someone tells me no I don't have a psx4droid folder, but that shouldn't matter cause it's where the other save states are it should work right??

OH and yes the PC doe run the emulator just fine. I'm running at 1000 mhz though and it freezes the visuals on the screen at the exact same spot everytime on the droid, idk why.

And finally when I try doing it on PC and save it and stuff it goes to the .mcr file but you can't pull out different saved files out of that so it's weird??
I think the save states and png's have to have the same name and be in the same folder as the ISO/ROM. Also, there is a program called MemcardRex that lets you edit memory card saves, so that's worth a try also.

Last edited:

neoj2

Reaction score

I downloaded mine from doperoms.com . I 7zipped the .zip file twice and then looked through to eventually find the folder with the data.bin.ecm file to unecm it. after i just loaded the now bin file on droid and it works fine. I'm just at the first reactor though just to try it out. Only I cant scale it any bigger cuz it'll get only get 1/4 of the picture.

Last edited:

clashfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have problems with Vagrant Story? Enemies won't attack me in this game. Not sure if it's a problem with psx4droid or the rom?

kevenz

Reaction score
Any plan to support .cue file for this emulator? some game need it...

Diordna

Reaction score

I think the save states and png's have to have the same name and be in the same folder as the ISO/ROM. Also, there is a program called MemcardRex that lets you edit memory card saves, so that's worth a try also.
Thank you now that did it!
The same name as the ISO/ROM thing.

Now can you tell me, do I need the part 2 and 3 now and what do I do exactly with it?

souperman11

Reaction score
Thank you now that did it!
The same name as the ISO/ROM thing.

Now can you tell me, do I need the part 2 and 3 now and what do I do exactly with it?
When you get to a certain point the game will ask you to put in Part 2. Hopefully the game saves before the switch so that you can save, exit the game, then load up disc 2.

If it saves after the switch you may have to get past that part on the computer, save, then import the save and start disc 2 there, because there's no way to change the disc while the emulator is loaded (though Zod could implement it in an update)

One thing that you could try if the second scenario pops up is use a save state and "trick" the emulator into loading up the save state from the first disc on the second disc, though I have no clue what would happen :icon_eek:

okuden

Reaction score
Been trying to play psp games but all I can find is .cso files any idea how to get them to work. Or can someone suggest a site where I can get .eboot files