davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
18b5e656-4549-ac41.jpg

I kno its not GingerBread but ..... it is source. This is GimpSquad swallisa effort to contibute to the cause of global donination. Seeing how I will be with a D1 until january 2012 I will own this deving thing for the D1 cuz everyone else will have new phones .

jayman350

Reaction score
Awesome, glad to hear that someone else is hanging with the D1 at least until Jan 2012.
I'm thinking that I'll probably hold out until there is dual core Android phone with an unlocked bootloader.

My 2yr contract is up in Dec, but the way Verizon has started playing games I'm not sure if I'll be sticking with them.

OP
davros

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ok so blah, somewhere we are doing something wrong. Same issuse the first release of GimpSource had. Can't theme it. Only stock. I'm gonna look into it as time goes on.

adsfa34

Reaction score
My 2yr contract is up in Dec, but the way Verizon has started playing games I'm not sure if I'll be sticking with them.

yeah mine's up soon too... i'm thinking about jumping to the Nexus S on T-mobile but am still on the fence... *any* phone will have a LOT to live up to if it plans to surpass the OG DROID.

looking forward to testing this out. GB or not...as long as it works i'll be happy. a lot of the GB ROMs seem like they trade one group of bugs for another with each release... :-/

jayman350

Reaction score
I was all excited about GB coming out and all of the developers getting their genius hands on it... but I've been messing around with the nightlies and now rc's for CM7 and there are still a ton of bugs to work out. Most noticeably is the app killing in GB. I was not able to keep more than 1 app open at a time. Even switching to something else for a second killed the original app I was on.

The Apps2SD for GB is very different from Froyo as well. I had a slight meltdown this morning when I noticed that about half of my backed up apps in TiBu weren't working correctly. I determined that it was happening b/c I the last backup I did was in GB. I had to backup my current ROM, reflash an old backup, redo my backups for the apps, then flash back to 3.1, reinstall apps. PITA but it worked.

GimpSource 3.1 has been spot on for what I've been looking for after CVPCS went to CM.

adsfa34

Reaction score
same thing happened to me... i thought i lost my angry birds levels... i was like noooooooooo... until i realized that it was on the sdcard.

gb has some sweet details to it, but imo froyo is still the way to go for the Droid if you want something that actually works. the droid is a great phone, but it just doesn't have the hardware to make GB all it's meant to be. froyo seems to be what the Droid was intentioned for.

jayman350

Reaction score
hahaha angry birds was the exact reason I freaked out. Everything else is easy to get back.
Worst case scenario was that I had to go into my sd card backups.
I do periodic backups of everything on my sd card to my pc and then that's backed up to an external hd. I'm kinda ocd when it comes to backing stuff up.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yo D, if you can just get that Atrix done, I'll be in heaven. Don't even miss the "black bar".

Feels like a new phone with the new battery graphic!