PS3 or XBOX 360?

Harleh HXC

Reaction score
Ps3 are a great console! An ive had my 360 for about 3 years an its never broken dwn or needed repairs since I baught it an I flog it out every day, im even using it now. Bashin the call of duty 2 classic on veteran represent. Wats every ones fav FPS ?? On console ?

Sent from my GT-I9000

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I doubt that Sony will give blu-ray to microsoft bc sony is making money...they also want to have the.best too...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Sony does not own the rights to Blu-ray. They are however part of a larger group, the Blu-ray Disk Founders who were the original developers and supporters of Blu-ray Disk, they have since formed the Blu-ray Disk Association, a larger group with more companies participating.
All Microsoft has to do is buy a Blu-ray drive from one of the companies that make them (Sony, Sansung, LG and more) and put it in their next system. Heck they used at least two if not three different DVD drive brands in the 360, over the course of its life.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt that Sony will give blu-ray to microsoft bc sony is making money...they also want to have the.best too...

Sony does not own the rights to Blu-ray. They are however part of a larger group, the Blu-ray Disk Founders who were the original developers and supporters of Blu-ray Disk, they have since formed the Blu-ray Disk Association, a larger group with more companies participating.
All Microsoft has to do is buy a Blu-ray drive from one of the companies that make them (Sony, Sansung, LG and more) and put it in their next system. Heck they used at least two if not three different DVD drive brands in the 360, over the course of its life.

This is true but i dout microsft ever would... Sony put in blueray for two reasons, One to get blueray to take off and two their games. Ps3's have to have blueray functioning becuase their games are based off of that system. If the games wernt blueray i bet sony would have removed the blueray already to get the console cheaper. (as blueray has won the war against hddvd already) I dout Microsoft would include a blueray because that means more $$ to spend thus making console more expensive.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I would say ps3. There is a great lineup for exclusives for ps3. IMO I say ps3

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is true but i dout microsft ever would... Sony put in blueray for two reasons, One to get blueray to take off and two their games. Ps3's have to have blueray functioning becuase their games are based off of that system. If the games wernt blueray i bet sony would have removed the blueray already to get the console cheaper. (as blueray has won the war against hddvd already) I dout Microsoft would include a blueray because that means more $$ to spend thus making console more expensive.

Possibly. But I see the next consoles coming out in another 4-5 years. So by then adding a bluray player should be relatively cheep in contrast to now. Also it would keep the Next Xbox as a choice for those that play games casually but also want a bluray player and don't already have one.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Yeah probably, I also heard about 2040p television coming soon.

Parafly9

Reaction score
I've got both and I prefer the PS3. Plus most of my friends are on the PS3.

i have to say though the Kinect is pretty friggen sweet if you are into that. I've got that and the Move and I prefer the Kinect.

RUrbaniak24

Reaction score
I also have both n my ps3 is nothing more then a big expensive paper weight...360 all the way

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had both, got rid of the PS3. I have never liked the PS controllers. The only advantage the PS3 had was the BluRay player but that is moot for me as I have (or rather am in the process) of going completely digital (i.e. HDD and streaming media). BluRay, and IMO ALL physical media (i.e. DVDs/disks) are on the way out. With no use for a BluRay player I had no use for the PS3. There are some really good franchise titles on the PS3 but there are just as many on the 360 and for the limited time I have for games one is enough (plus the 360 plays better with my media server and other computers).

mewshi

Reaction score
If you like RPGs, get a a PS3, as they have a wider selection of good RPGs. What few 360 exclusive RPGs there are have mostly been announced for release on playstation in the coming/past year.

XBox, on the other hand, has a bigger multiplayer community; if this matters to you, go with that.

Personally, since I play RPGs almost exclusively, PS3 is the best choice. The exclusives on PS3 are worth missing out on a few games, most of which can be had on PC anyway. Between Disgaea and the International version of Star Ocean: The Last Hope, im more or less set for a few months of fun times :3. The fact that Mass Effect 2 is coming out is really just icing on the cake for me ^^
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does Microsoft have any plans on releasing a Blu-Ray drive for Xbox?

No, M$ realizes that 'disks' are dead. The current trend is digital and streaming. With the exception of my gaming disks I will have ZERO disks in my house in the next week. Ripped and burned all of them to my Media Serves. Add to the mix companies like Amazon and Vudu offering HD streaming and what is the use for disks. M$ is already testing the waters to see if they can do away completely with disks for the next gen console (personally I hope they do).

Not correct. For starters BRs can NOT be used 'for games' the data transfer rates are WAY to slow. That is why the PS3 MUST install content to the HDD. The only advantage they provide for gaming is storage capacity (one disk instead of multiple). As per the cost argument initially they did 'eat' the expense to get the market exposure but now the costs difference for them per unit compared to a 'regular' DVD is negligible. They also realize the marketing value of having it so it justifies the extra expense. If M$ thought it added anything to the console they would do it (it would take away the only real 'advantage' the PS3 has over the 360) but again they are moving away from physical media (disks).

Last edited: