PS3 or XBOX 360?

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i have a ps3 and heard lots of problems with the 360...the main reason i like about the ps3 is that it is free to play online and was easy to hack Modern Warfare 2...not aimbot and stuff like that but like 100% trophies and unlock everything in split-screen/lan party...but i hope they can do a trophy glitch for Black Ops...haha its just funny to do it...

What's the point in buying a game if you're just going to cheat your way through it? It sounds like an easy waste of $60 to me.

WolfpacKiD

Reaction score
Having both systems and playing both a lot I can say that the PS3 does win with the all-in-one aspect: it plays blue ray, has a web browser, has a better netflix UI and IMO its exclusive games are better. But having my 360 for longer my xbl account has gotten to the point i would hate to let it go even though they just raised the price of xbl which is another win for sony because psn is free. though i think xbl is a better experience not a $60 better experience but still a better one. I also work at Best Buy and when customers ask which to buy i always have to say it really depends on what you want in a system, personally i believe the 360 is more of a family system while the ps3 isnt not saying it doesn't have children's games but i feel its more for the mature crowd, that being said I can't live without either when it comes to gaming :)

kameleongt

Reaction score
I've had both but sold the 360 and stuckwith ps3 until last month when I upgraded both to the newest ones. I love the kinnect on the 360 but I love the ps3 being able to also use it as my bluray player.

aceofspades

Reaction score
just my 2 cents on the subject, we sell an equal amount of each at work. they fly off the shelf and many are expedited shipping. surprisingly, we also sell a lot of PS2 and gamecube stuff.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I like my PS3! mainly bc of Blu-Ray and free internet! Also, Gran Turismo 5! Best racing game ever! except the fact that playing zombies is more addicting!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

joeybarclay

Reaction score
ps3 has root now [video=youtube;wizHr4OqRo8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wizHr4OqRo8[/video] i have an xbox i like it more for some things like playing with friends, but ps3 has better non gaming stuff

stewart0324

Reaction score
I'm split both ways between ps3 and Xbox. I have Xbox and love it. I just hate the fact that you have to pay to play online but oh well I love xbox

Sent from my SCH-I500

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am not a huge gamer but last system I owned was the original x-box which I loved while it was alive. Madden and Halo 2 were the only 2 games I ever played. I did however just bite the bullet and buy a PS3. I bought the 320gb and move package and Madden 11. PS Move is really awesome, I can only compare it to the Wii as I have not played x-box kinect (which looks awesome as well). I do like Move much more than the Wii. I do use the blu-ray player a lot and also watch Netflix quite often. I have no horse in this race so I can't call a clear winner in my mind.

Last edited:
OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
PS3 + Black Ops = Amazement
Zombies on Kino der Toten: Round 31 solo! My friend got to 36...bastard

Sent from my Droid 3 using DroidForums App

Harleh HXC

Reaction score
Id have to say Xbox 360's tge bomb ! Black ops zombies kino der toten round 28 my highest . Ps3 can be fun allso but 360 online gaming beats all!

Sent from my GT-I9000

Beyond

Reaction score
I have a 360 and a ps3. Bought one of the last ps3 to still have ps2 compatibility built in. I didn't buy a 360 until MS fixed the hardware failure issue. Too many of my friends had to keep sending back the machine to get fixed. I bought the xbox slim version which supposedly (after about 5years in the market) fixes that issue. Just a note on that, ps3 failure rates in the begginning were less than 20% while xbox was close to 50% by some studies done. With both systems their hardware failure rates went down after each new hardware revision.

Do u need a blu ray player? Do u want to not pay to play online? Do you want to pay for a slightly better online experience? do u have old ps1/xbox games? do u like the exclusives more on one system vs the other? Do u have friends that will play with u on one system vs the other?
Answer those and u will find the system for u.

As a note. Multiplatform games will typically be better on the system that is "lead platform" developed. ( final fantasy 13 on the ps3, bayonetta for the xbox) I.e. if made first for xbox then it will typically look better on the xbox. This is more true of the older multiplatforms games(ghostbusters, bayonetta). But newer games, castlevania(slightly better on ps3,) enslaved(slightly better on the xbox)... etc are starting to give more parity to the systems.

Oh... if u have a 7.1 surround system or some other high fidelity sound system, the ps3 is better for it. Ps3 games bcause they have more space (blu ray) can contain uncompressed audio.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I think PS3 is better...BUT the Kinect is better than the Move

Sent from my Droid 2 UNIVERSAL using DroidForums App

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
had a 360 for 4 years, ive went through id say about 4. still have my 360 and love it, but recently i bought a ps3 and i really dont even miss xbox. ps3 is a far superior machine in power terms. and once ps3 works with their online a bit im sure that will be better to.

OP
Hmong_Xiong

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
The reason why I.chose PS3 was bc of Gran Turismo 5 and LittleBigPlanet...and I can't wait for LittleBigPlanet 2 :p

Sent from my Droid3 using DroidForums App