Project Fi Test Group - Who's in ?

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
As part of my New Nexus adventure I plan on giving Project Fi an evaluation.

I'll keep my Note II on VZW for a couple of months and get Project Fi on my new 6P.

I plan on testing coverage vs. VZW by taking both phones out and comparing coverage.

My Area is a heavy VZW area and both T-Mobile and Sprint show much less coverage away from the busy Highway and City corridors.

For those of you going with Project Fi, would you be willing to perform a similar test to help the community out?

A simple test really, Go where you know your current carrier has coverage, especially fringe areas and then see if Fi works there as well.

Go to places where you know your coverage is weak or non-existent, see if Fi works there.

Maybe a 30 day test and then we report our discoveries ?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm game. Need to get my phone though.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I'm curious to know as well. I'm out in the sticks running and a few places vzw doesn't have coverage.

The new vzw has me at $130 a month before discount. If I can save $60 a month that adds up.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
I've been using Project Fi for 2 months. Their data is faster than Verizon for the most part. But they don't have the coverage Verizon has. In my area Verizon is still all around better than Project Fi

Tapped from a Nexus 6

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I'm in as soon as Fi comes to Thailand...

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I've been using Project Fi for 2 months. Their data is faster than Verizon for the most part. But they don't have the coverage Verizon has. In my area Verizon is still all around better than Project Fi

Tapped from a Nexus 6
CJ, guess that kinda puts paid to the claim that fi roams on vzw... Bummer, that would have made it better than vzw.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I thought for some reason it was only available in certain parts of the country. It's nationwide now?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I thought for some reason it was only available in certain parts of the country. It's nationwide now?
You put in your zipcode and if you can get it it goes Green. If not, red. I tried a bunch and they didn't turn red.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I Got my invitation, but at the data cost it makes it more costly than my Verizon...

Reactions: cr6