Project Fi Test Group - Who's in ?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I Got my invitation, but at the data cost it makes it more costly than my Verizon...
If you use a bunch of data, it very well might be. I do like that you get refunded if you don't use your quota. I wonder how much the taxes and fees are. 6GB is $80 for me.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm at 30gb at $130 for data, it's an older plan, if I change plans it would be like 225... It's a business cost though.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Shade of green is important too. I only get light green, which is 2G.
I was referring to the signup page. If you don't have any service, 1x, 3g, etc, it will be red. Screenshot 2015-10-20 09.45.21.png

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I was referring to the signup page. If you don't have any service, 1x, 3g, etc, it will be red. View attachment 75633
Right, but if you DO have service, then the shade of green matters. Light green is 2G. I was just adding info to yours. Dark green is good.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Right, but if you DO have service, then the shade of green matters. Light green is 2G. I was just adding info to yours. Dark green is good.
I see what you're saying now. I just checked the map. Yikes...I think this might be a short lived thing. Zero coverage where I go fishing back home. Camp has nothing as well.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
That's my thing. I've seen the rumored T-Mobile coverage that's supposed to come here this year. It looks great, but what about when I travel between here and home. I do that at least once a year. It's nice to have service almost the entire time with VZW. There's just something that feels safer about it, especially since I make the 1,000 mile drive all on my own a lot of the time. Even if T-mobile/Project fi could give me great service in my home area, that trip is important to me and service along the way is a must.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've 400 miles between here and home. I go about 4 times a year. Major highways but still nice to shoot a quick text or call to let them know my ETA. Weather can be completely different from here and there.

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I will be happy to assist in this study!
Signed up for Fi yesterday, just waiting for my SIM to come. I will be using my Nexus 6 to test Fi and my iPhone 5 to test Verizon, side by side.
I will be using the service all across New England including Massachusetts and most of New Hampshire and Vermont.
As of right now, my Verizon Powered Nexus 6 will not drop LTE service from Boston to New Lebanon NH via Route 93 and Route 89. I will check over Halloween when I do the trip again.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I will be happy to assist in this study!
Signed up for Fi yesterday, just waiting for my SIM to come. I will be using my Nexus 6 to test Fi and my iPhone 5 to test Verizon, side by side.
I will be using the service all across New England including Massachusetts and most of New Hampshire and Vermont.
As of right now, my Verizon Powered Nexus 6 will not drop LTE service from Boston to New Lebanon NH via Route 93 and Route 89. I will check over Halloween when I do the trip again.
Awesome, Thanks!

kas1229

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 4 verizon
I'm in. I live in Central Jerz, work in North Jersey, constantly roaming the 5 boroughs. I also visit Baltimore and D.C. 4 to 6 times a year.

OP
cynkrzy

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
@CJM - Thanks, those are encouraging. How are you liking the "Fi" experience ? Is the switching between WiFi and Cell as seamless as they claim ?