problems with rom manager

cyoder

Reaction score
Ok so I am completely a noob at this. My buddy rooted my phone exactly like he did his and his girlfriends. He had all the files and everything saved and his computer and just plugged in the phone and went to work. Well his and his girlfriends phone are working perfectly fine but mine seems to be the only one having problems. I cannot download any apps for some reason it starts to download then stops and says download unsucessful. So he told me to try going back to a stock image thru rom manager. So I go to download rom and go to stock images and did the one that says verizon droid 2.0.1 stock stable, not rooted. It starts to download then says rom download error corrupt zip file. I don't know what to do and neither does he cuz he has never heard of the issue. Please excuse me if this is a really easy question as the droid is the first pda phone I have ever owned. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You could download another Rooted 2.1 or 2.2 ROM via your computer and get it to the Root of your SD card, Boot into Recovery with ROM Manager and go to "install zip from SD" then "choose zip" and then select your ROM and install it. You might also consider wiping data and cache before installing a new ROM this is also done in Recovery

J

Johnly

That indicates the market doesn't recognise the build number. Install market fix (changes build number) on root, in RM flash the RM recovery image twice, then back up, don't wipe, and install market fix as a ROM...you should be good if that is the problem (fixed for thousands here:)

OP
C

cyoder

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question, but how do i install market fix?

Spiderwebb71688

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem but my power button is broken and i need to return the phone to verizon so i need to unroot. Unfortunately you need the power button to unroot anyway that i've read about other than using rom manager. So i'm pretty much screwed (i think) unless i can get rom manager to download the zip.