Rom Manager Q's

OP
K

kavancamp

Reaction score
oh and I heard something along the lines of clockworkmod not supporting ud anymore. do I need to switch back to sprecovery for this to work??

jtydroid

Reaction score
oh and I heard something along the lines of clockworkmod not supporting ud anymore. do I need to switch back to sprecovery for this to work??

*laugh* We keep crossing posts. The long and short of it is that you shouldn't use ROM Manager/Clockwork to install UD. I might (humbly) suggest you stick with Cyanogen and theme it as you like because Cyanogen's folks are the ones who made ROM Manager and Clockwork and you know they will work together going forward.

If you're set on UD, I recommend reading the UD specific posts on how to ensure a clean install.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you choose to switch back to UD his roms and instructions are now on his website.

OP
K

kavancamp

Reaction score
should i maybe put the download on my sd card and do it all manually like i did to set up jrummy. if so how do i back up current system that way???

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is really not the best place to start discussing UD specifically...lol

We're of course happy to answer any and all questions regarding ROM Manager.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am running a fully customized UDv10 that I first installed using SP Recovery, but I use ROM Manager to flash kernels and make 'extra' backups just in case... Its just too easy to flash between the two with ROM manager...

PS: not the best place to discuss UD only because people complain more than they do help out when others bring up issues on UD... Ask away, its the best ROM I have used so far...

jtydroid

Reaction score
should i maybe put the download on my sd card and do it all manually like i did to set up jrummy. if so how do i back up current system that way???

You can still use ROM Manager to backup your current ROM. There are other ways too, but that's the one I use.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I recommend always wiping data and cache when flashing another rom. If you worried about losing apps use an app like titanium backup to backup apps.

Though, ROM Manager has a great restore function. It's kindof hidden, but if you wait long enough after flashing a new ROM, it will restore your market apps.

Or, at least, it used to...

I thought that was a feature of CyanogenMod, not ROM Manager.

This is actually a function of google sync. Google saves all your apps so when you flash a new ROM and wait after sync is done it's still transfering data, thats your apps being restored. Nothing to do with Cyanogen or ROM manager. Just google looking out for ya.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Though, ROM Manager has a great restore function. It's kindof hidden, but if you wait long enough after flashing a new ROM, it will restore your market apps.

Or, at least, it used to...

I thought that was a feature of CyanogenMod, not ROM Manager.

This is actually a function of google sync. Google saves all your apps so when you flash a new ROM and wait after sync is done it's still transfering data, thats your apps being restored. Nothing to do with Cyanogen or ROM manager. Just google looking out for ya.

Good to know! Thanks.

jtydroid

Reaction score

Good to know! Thanks.

Ahh Mother Google, how sweet are thine tender mercies.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use Titanium just in case... however, is this a ROM Manager function? Because I have used other ROMs and noticed this happened once or twice with them..

Fantastic question, one I don't know the answer to though.

This is a rom thing. I recently saw a post where someone was bouncing between roms. Left rom 1 and got some of his apps back. Left rom 2 and lost some but got some back from rom 1. He couldn't figure out what went and grabbed them back. It sounds like they are stored at google and the rom itself will auto download them for you. Sometimes.

edit: not sure how, but missed the above 3 posts..doh!:)

Last edited: