problem with my xoom

phillyphill39

Reaction score
well hopefully someone can help me out if know i'll have to exchange it. i received my xoom today. tried to activate it and it wouldnt activate so i called customer care and the lady had me try and activate it again. then she told me to turn the device off and power it on holding the power button, vol +/- keys. well it attempted to boot back up but its stuck at the red m logo and says starting fastboot protocol support. and i cant turn it off or anything.

cplus

Reaction score
well hopefully someone can help me out if know i'll have to exchange it. i received my xoom today. tried to activate it and it wouldnt activate so i called customer care and the lady had me try and activate it again. then she told me to turn the device off and power it on holding the power button, vol +/- keys. well it attempted to boot back up but its stuck at the red m logo and says starting fastboot protocol support. and i cant turn it off or anything.

hold volume up and press power button. xoom will reboot.

bcrrl

Reaction score
problem with motirola xoom

Hey, I just got the motorola xooom, but I have a litlle problem with the home buttun because when I touch it noting happen, it stay in the same page. I hope you can help me. Thanks

daddyd302

Reaction score
Hey, I just got the motorola xooom, but I have a litlle problem with the home buttun because when I touch it noting happen, it stay in the same page. I hope you can help me. Thanks

Are you on the home page? If you hit the home button, then yeah nothing will happen. It only works when you're on another page or on a app.

Duanewillis

Reaction score
Motorola Xoom loop

My Xoom never makes it to the start screen. Instead it loops around the 3D honeycomb screen again and again after getting the initial red logo. It finally drained the battery and stopped, but any time I performed a reboot it would just go into the same loop again.

I am willing to do a factory reset but I cannot even get to the home screen.

Duanewillis

Reaction score
Found It

The Xoom FAQ website has instructions incase anyone else gets stuck in a loop...

1. Ensure your tablet is off.
2. Turn on the tablet , while the tablet is showing Motorola logo, press the volume down key.
3. Keep pressing the volume down key till '"Android recovery text" shows up up in top left corner
4. Press voulume up key to place tablet in Android recovery mode
5. While tablet is showing Android recovery screen, press and hold the power button.
6. While power button is pressed, press and release volume up key
7. You should be prompted with: wipe data/factory reset option
8. Using the volume down button, scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset"
9. Press power to select option
10. Scroll down to select "Yes, delete all user data".
11. Use the power button to select.
12. Press the power button to reboot.:yeahbaby01: