Keyboard Problem

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last night I was typing a document using Documents To Go full version when suddenly a keyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy stuck and would not stop. I had to turn the keyboard off to stop the continuous letter. I turned it back on and a few minutes later, a different letterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr stuck. This happened three different times to me with different letters each time.
anyone else having this problem?
I am using the Motorola keyboard with my Xoom.

It seems to happen when the lag increases like during a longer paragraph without a break in typing.

I'm guessing the lag is the amount of data trying to transfer via the bluetooth? Perhaps longer paragraphs are just too much at a fast rate?

If thats the case, that is not good. I wanted to use the xoom to take meeting and lecture notes, but if it's going to have sticky letterssssssssssss...SIGH.

Anyone else experience this or have a possible solution? Or any better luck with a different keyboard?

Lars1

Reaction score
Me too.

Though I've only used it seriously once and experienced the same issue.

I will try it again and I really hope it was a fluke and this doesn't continue as I really love the combination!

GO XOOM!

OP
casesteam

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just re-paired the keyboard to the Xoom. It seems to be working OK now, and I didn't notice any lag. I'll keep an eye on it today and post back if that fixed the problem. Thanks...

OP
casesteam

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK...I thought i was was fixed, but apparently re-pairing did not fix the issue. I changed batteries tonight after another errant stuck key this afternoon, new batteries don't seem to do it either. When the key sticks, the green light will flash on the keyboard like it is powering on/off, then everything works well again. It is not an idle/sleep issue because it happens when i am actively typing. When it stuck this last time, i immediately went into settings to see if i still had connectivity - it said connected...the green light flashed 3 times and it was working again. I'm thinking this keyboard is headed back tomorrow. SIGH!

OP
casesteam

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I exchanged the keyboard for another one at Verizon. This keyboard had the same problem of sticking on a key as well - so i got on Motorola help chat. The tech had me reboot the tablet and re-pair the keyboard.. All seems to be working well now - I've been using the keyboard most of the afternoon now with no sticking keys.

Draconian23

Reaction score
Same probbblem with two keyboards

Hey,

I also have seen the same problem with my Motorola Bluetooth keyboard and, get this, an Apple Bluetooth keyboard. The problem of sticky kkkeys happens all the time, (as you can see in this post with the triple keyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

See!!!!

Dare I say it? "I may look into an Ipad 222" Since I have a spare Apple Keyboard .... Just kidding....

We need to figure out whatwe need to do to fix this....

housewife

Reaction score
Just wanna say same here for Samsung Galaxy S II, any solution??

The most interesting part is that it works very well just before this happen

I do always type the delete or backspace key and all my word just got deleted.

So frustating!!