Xoom won't do.... Anything

ldeezy80

Reaction score
I had to SBF my Xoom with RSDlite after something caused it to brick and only able to boot to the Red screen.... No fastboot or recovery.

It took a couple of attempts, but I ultimately found an SBF file that worked. Well about a day later, still not rooted, the Xoom just booted down out of the blue and then stuck on M logo when I tried to turn it back on. Weird things happened when I tired to wipe data from stock recovery, like my /data and /system would not mount. I tried SBF again, now it kept getting stuck at switching to BP and LTE and failing. I was able to flash CWM through fastboot but still could not mount system or data.

Why isn't rsd working? Need my Xoom! I am fresh out of ideas. No warranty. I'll try anything at this point. Please help, anyone! Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Thanks - already tried there.. Only got referred to xda... No replies for days. Ahhh well
Sent from my DROIDX using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You should just be fastboot'ing the Xoom and not using Rsdlite.

Google even hosts the fastboot files.

I flashed the stock images a few times to my Xoom when I had it.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Ive read about that before. I guess my issue with that is even though fastboot protocol will start I cannot get the pc to recognize the xoom or respond to any other commands (ex fastboot OEM unlock). The only other thing I can think of is that possibly my USB cables got mixed up, and it truly needs the moto xoom cable? Even though it has always worked with the same cord I use for it and my droid, which I am 70% certain is the original droid cable (almost positive the xoom came without a usb)

Would it b worth it to shell out the cash for a xoom cable to see if that works, even tho it has never been an issue?

Edit...thank you so much for the assistance!

Sent from my Inspire™ 4G With Beats Audio using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Are you booting to fastboot mode before attempting? Are you even able to boot to fastboot/recovery/RSD mode?

You can also choose from Fastboot protocol support and RSD mode by using the same method but instead selecting their respective [FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]menu[/FONT][/FONT] prompts.

Of course pressing Volume Down until you see Fastboot Protocol then pressing up to enter it :)

I use the cable that came with my Motorola Droid to do any flashing of any of my Motorola devices (Droid, Droid 3, Droid 4, Xoom) so I don't know if it'd be worth it to buy a Xoom USB cable.

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Yep, I am able to get to rad screen, boot to fastboot and even access the initial recovery menu, however recovery sticks on "entering android recovery"

The last time I was able to use recovery (stock) it was also acting weird...would not mount system or data. Does that help?

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
From Google's sources for Wingray (WiFi Xoom). And you'll need the .img files (boot, system, recovery and userdata)

Press and hold Volume Down, then press and hold Power (to enter Fastboot)

Once in Fastboot mode, from your PC

fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot erase cache

If not, how about fastboot flashing the recovery only and see if you can boot to that?
have a recovery image to flash - http://download2.clockworkmod.com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.3.1-wingray.img
downloaded and in the same directory as fastboot.exe command.
Boot to fastboot protocol
on PC type

Fastboot oem unlock (if not unlocked already...needs to be unlocked to flash an alternate recovery image)
fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.3.1-wingray.img

And then try to install a ROM from there.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
also, if you can't talk to the Xoom, it may be worth the effort to get the lastest fastboot from the latest Android SDK and/or reinstall the latest Motorola USB drivers.

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Trying now. Results asap...

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
I'm currently downloading the full
SDK bundle. I was using the minimal adb/fb I found on xda but fastboot will not recognize.

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Ok, the bundle did not help. Can anyone reccommend an sbf file to try? As apparently that is the only mode my pc communicates with...(rsd)

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
Could this be because I never had a chance to enable USB debugging? Wouldn't have a clue how to fix that now

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nope, that only has to do with the tablet actually booted and running the OS.

Try updating your USB drivers with the latest from Motorola. If you can't talk to it in fastboot mode...that is most likely your problem.

You really need to be looking at fastboot as what is going to save you....

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

OP
L

ldeezy80

Reaction score
So you seem confident there's a fix, no? I read somewhere xoom's were terribly hard to brick, but I thought I did it. I will try the drivers. Does it make sense that the drivers work for rsd and install when I plug in USB in rsd while in my computer, though? Obv I'm no expert, I just kinda assumed if the driver was working it was working. Ok...heeere we go